Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

I NEED MORE POWER

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2006, 05:47 AM
hondaman5000
Unregistered
Default I NEED MORE POWER

ok here is the deal i need more power and the 2.2 just ain't cutting it i have air intake exhaust strut tower brace plugs wires the usual and it just ain't cutting it and i will not turbo or spray it cause i really don't think the engine can handle it so i am forced to venture into the world of swappage but i need some major help i don't plan on spending thousands on top of thousands of dollars to make it work if that was the case i would be a new SI but i like my car so here is what i need i seen a article in a mag a year or two back where they did a swap on a accord and they said it was a really standard swap they really didn't have to change anything except of course engine tranny ecu wiring etc etc but what i really want is some more power but unfortunately i can't get the power and i need ur help i want to do a easy swap not granted no swap is easy but i just need some advice i wanna swap but i want it to be a basic swap thanks

Old 11-10-2006, 06:07 AM
Default RE: I NEED MORE POWER

A swap is a swap is a swap is a swap.
A 'standard' swap for the accord is the h22, tranny, ecu, axles, etc. Unless someone gives it to you expect to pay a couple of grand. Sorry man, I don't know of any easy swaps but the h22 is pretty standard and common and there should be plenty of info out there about it. Power 200 hp.
Unless you engine is really beat I would consider turbo. The price for everything to do the h22 would come close to a out-of-the-box turbo kit(bolt-on) and you might get around 220-230 hp. Just a thought...

Old 11-10-2006, 04:19 PM
poser_pilot6
Unregistered

What year is your car? How many miles?

I have also been dreaming about an engine swap. From what I have "heard," the F22 to H22 swap isnt all that hard. But it isnt "cheap" either. About the same price as a turbo, more or less, but I dont really want to put a turbo on my 190k engine.

Old 11-11-2006, 06:22 AM
hondaman5000
Unregistered

Also what this i hear if i adjust the timing in the car a lil bit it will help me i guess i am just gonna stick with the f22 sohc ok how about this tell me what this is gonna do cam shaved port polish head throttle body spacer under drive pulleys i mean really will these help or just more money then what they are work also before i do this stuff would you recommend a rebuild of the engine it has 171 on it but she still runs like a brand new one also i think my 5th gear is going out if i run it hard when i go into fifth it barely barely grinds just a lil but it does grind now i am figuring synros also i read that thread about ways to clean the engine out of carbon and deposit this one website i was on said if you spray water into ur intake from a spray bottle a lil at a time that will clean it out also by the way this may sound really stupid but whats seafoam sorry i am new ya now

Old 11-11-2006, 05:43 PM

throttle body spacer is pointless, timing advance you may gain a little bit by doing it but loose a fair amount of fuel mileage and starting becomes a tad more difficult, Seafoam is supposed to be an amazing carbon remover/engine cleaner, under drive pulleys are great, you can get a cam that's not to radical and that will help too (about $300.00 though I believe), and headers/exhaust if you haven't already, and I wouldn't rebuild the engine until you need to, it may have a few hundred thousand miles left on it you never know (change your timing belt/water pump if you haven't in the last 80,000 miles)

Old 11-11-2006, 07:21 PM
poser_pilot6
Unregistered

Why dont you see if you can find an F22 or H22 that needs rebuilt, and work on it as you have time and $$, then when you get it all hooked up how you want it, put it in the car. Thats my plan. Im going to try to find a cheap F22 and rebuild it in the garage, then throw it in the car when its all done.

Old 10-22-2007, 08:58 PM

i wouldn't rebuild an f22. if i were to rebuild any engine it would deffinately be the h22

Old 10-23-2007, 10:40 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

I'd rebuild the F22 with the H22 head and slap a turbo on. The cast iron sleeves are better than the H22's FRM's.