Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

Idle Screw

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 07:06 PM
Default Idle Screw

Where is it...

Old 03-28-2007, 07:13 PM
Default RE: Idle Screw

On the 93 I believe it's screw #1 in the picture, so the lower right hand side as you face the opening....

[IMG]local://upfiles/3079/5D900C3D4E054ECA86C6D18384919C65.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-28-2007, 07:52 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Nasty ,,you are a real nice guy ...and i mean it..... replying to Roknazn,, after the way he cordially asked for help.. ..

Wow.....I sure hope that it does not rub off on other members

reminds me of a guy that came into my shop and threw the keys of his car on the counter and said ( Oil Change) that's all he said, he had no appointment,, I gave him the keys back and told him i was too busy and could not do it untill the following day ..

Old 03-28-2007, 08:25 PM
droopy128
Unregistered

Well put ‘desert’, but here a pix for 92-95, but what year is the car in question…??

Old 03-29-2007, 01:34 AM

Desert and Nasty, I appreciate all the help and tech info that u have given me. The reason I asked this Question is because I been having problems with the honda surging at Idle. It idles about 650 rpm but when Im at idle at a stop light for awhile sometimes it goes down to 400 and want to died...So IDK what is going on. Im in the process in trying to replace the Heater Core and Bypass Line this weekend and see it that all works out.

Thanks Again
Anthony

Old 03-29-2007, 05:14 PM

ORIGINAL: droopy128

Well put ‘desert’, but here a pix for 92-95, but what year is the car in question…??

the car is a 93 accord (as placed in the signature block..sweet!) where did you find a pic that said it was for a 92-95, didn't the throttle body change in 94 with the f22....?

I'd probably set the warm idle from 7-900 rpms, replacing that heater core so your temp sensor is more accurate (since your fluid won't be leaking) may help.... good luck on that heater core those things suck.... luckily your carpet is already soaked so you'll be a little less concerned about it....

Old 03-29-2007, 05:42 PM

Haha... BTW Any Tips? on Upon Remove of the Heater Core? I will try to do Step By Step Write Up on it..

Old 03-29-2007, 05:49 PM

the biggest tip I can say is disconnect the hoses at the firewall in the engine bay first and plug them (use a drip pan unless you want to kill off some stray animals...) that will keep it the least messy, also, when doing jobs like this I like to always have a few things on hand just in case.... (keep in mind I've never had a professional shop to work in.... usually I'm on the ground outside in the sun or snow or whatever....) Zip ties (all sizes), Duct Tape (yeah, laugh it's funny but it's saved my bacon before), Electricians tape, Manual or instructions, a spare hose clamp or two, drip pans, a spare ride to the parts store if you need it, beer, and a full day set aside... that's how I roll....

Old 03-29-2007, 09:46 PM

Well, So far I got all the new bypass hose on, Disconnected the Heater Hoses, Removed Radio, Cluster, Dash Trim and A/C and Heater Control Unit. I also unbolted the Dash and moved it out almost 2 feet. I cant take it out of the car for some reason..I will work on it more Tomorrow or Saturday..

Thanks
Anthony

Old 03-31-2007, 02:52 AM

Well, I just finished replaceing the Heater Core and All is good..I believe..haha But I still have the Surging Idle. I bump the idle to 850-900rpm. Factory Recommends 700 +/- 50 rpms. Do ya'll know what is wrong?

Thanks A Bunch
Anthony

Quick Reply: Idle Screw