Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

i'm dumb

Old 07-12-2007, 10:24 AM
Default RE: i'm dumb

Sounds like you ran your battery down. Charge it up or jump it.

Old 07-12-2007, 10:36 AM

The reason it cranked the first time is: sometimes the battery will "recharge" itself a little bit - just enough to get the car cranked - if it has not been run all the way down. The second time the battery totally drained.
As long as you leave it running for a while it should be ok.
Take it to AutoZone though and they will test the battery for free and let you know if you need to hook up a charger to it. They will probably charge it for free too

Old 07-12-2007, 10:37 AM
Super Moderator

if you jump it and then drive on the highway for a while it should recharge it. or you could charge it with a battery charger.

Old 07-12-2007, 12:23 PM

ORIGINAL: jessekeels

ok i'll try it, if i jump it will it be good for a while or will it only run for a while, and by charge do you mean wait and let the alternator do it or like put it on a charger. i dont really know much about car electroncis, sorry.
If you are not familiar with car batteries, be careful when jumpstartingas if you hook it up wrong the battery can explode.Should be something in the owner's manual about how to do it right.

Old 07-12-2007, 04:00 PM
Super Moderator

When you run it way down, it does a little damage to the battery. Do it again & it adds up. Especially if the water level in the cells was low...

It's possible that the second time you ran it down far enough so your battery's bad now. Testing at AutoZone or someplace can tell you what's up.

Old 07-12-2007, 05:46 PM

Not to mention leaving your key in the ignition can result in NO car.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: i'm dumb

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.