Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

isnt it true.

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 11:53 PM
Default isnt it true.

isnt it true that they dont make a chip for the 6thgen accords? dont we have to go and get them re-flashed? and if so where can i get that done, at like a honda dealership or would i have to go to a performace place to do that? and also would adjustable cams do anything for my car? or just lighten it up so it spins faster which will increase power by like 5hp

Old 10-12-2007, 08:12 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: isnt it true.

ORIGINAL: 02BlueAccord

isnt it true that they dont make a chip for the 6thgen accords? dont we have to go and get them re-flashed? and if so where can i get that done, at like a honda dealership or would i have to go to a performace place to do that? and also would adjustable cams do anything for my car? or just lighten it up so it spins faster which will increase power by like 5hp
You can't "chip" the 6thgen ECU. You can't get it reflashed at the dealership or any performance place. Ad adjustable cam gear is useless on a stock cam, the engine only spins at one speed so adding a cam gear isnt gonna make it "spin faster".

The only company that does an ECU reflash for the 6thgen is JET. You mail them your ECU and they make the appropriate adjustments to your ECU according to what your mods are. It's not the best thing out there and I've only heard of 2 people actually doing it.

Old 10-12-2007, 09:54 AM

As BlkCurrantKord said, Jet is the only one I have heard of. I don't really trust them since they only base the reflashing on what mods you tell them you have. That means they are just guessing at how to change it. If they actually had your car there and modified the ecu "hands on" with no guesswork, I would be more accepting of it. I have seen one guy who did it on a 6th gen automatic over on the 6th gen forum. He claims he feels more power, but his dyno results were not very good at all.I don't even know if the Jet did anything better than stock on the dyno. Also, if you send it to Jet, you have to start using premium gas. I have also heard that your computer will "re-learn" it's stock settingsnot too longafter a Jet re-flash rendering it pointless.
The bottom line is, the only way you are going to be able to get any gains by modding your ecu is if you switch from obdII to obdI(not easy)and use something like Hondata.

Old 10-12-2007, 10:33 AM

what about going to a dealer and asking them to make some changes? does that work for any gen? only some? Is this mod even really worth it? Ive heard that the honda ECUs are some of the best stock.

Old 10-12-2007, 10:41 AM

The dealer won't do anything performance-wise. What you heard about Hondas was referring to the OBDI ecu found in the 1995 and older 4cylaccords (I'm not sure about other models) Personally, I wouldn't send my ECU to JET.