Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

Lil more power for the f22b

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2014, 08:51 PM
Red face Lil more power for the f22b

Okay so I wanna get a little more power outta my 94 accord ex. I know they arent "race cars" but I def want a lil more pep. Im also a big fan of keeping things N/a and not bootsing the f&$@ outta everything. I know the typical intake manifold and exhuast upgrades help. I just want more info and what is better to get. Ebay vs Spending more and just well know brand stuff. Also looking for better handling upgrades. Any help would be great!!!

Thanks guys!

Old 01-11-2014, 08:58 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Special_Gregg
Okay so I wanna get a little more power outta my 94 accord ex. I know they arent "race cars" but I def want a lil more pep. Im also a big fan of keeping things N/a and not bootsing the f&$@ outta everything. I know the typical intake manifold and exhuast upgrades help. I just want more info and what is better to get. Ebay vs Spending more and just well know brand stuff. Also looking for better handling upgrades. Any help would be great!!!

Thanks guys!
From both a financial and end result perspective, you'll come out ahead if you simply sell your car and buy something designed from the get-go to be faster.

All things considered, adding extra hardware will only result in extremely modest gains (if any at all) while at the same time reducing the resale value of your car.

Old 01-11-2014, 09:06 PM

So in a long run its better to make it just look nice and clean for a better resale and get something with more power. Seems simple enough. I have just seen some with motor swaps and all that jazz. Wasnt looking for major hp gains. but yeah why spend the money on stuff that wont help later.. Thanks man!

Old 01-11-2014, 09:56 PM
Super Moderator

Some people do it because they're emotionally attached to THEIR car. Or maybe because their hobby is all about doing the modifications. Or maybe the coolness factor of doing the modification work yourself so people can be impressed with your skill. Those are not bad reasons, but that's your choice.

If you're only interested in the end goal, maybe Shipo's right. Just understand what you are choosing.

Old 01-11-2014, 11:48 PM
Super Moderator

A budget and a hp goal would help, but short of spending upwards of 5k on an all out motor build you aren't going to see much more than 15 or 20hp in gains, esp without a turbo.

The F22 does hold the record for the fastest all motor 4 cylinder, of course who knows how many 10s of thousands of dollars bisimoto dumped into that.

Old 01-12-2014, 12:27 AM

I love this car but don't wanna spend a ton on motor work when I def could get another car that has the power already there. I love the looks of these accords simply low and looking clean though. I might go show car with this and later on get something that I can rip around in.

Old 01-12-2014, 03:24 AM
Super Moderator

You can drop a H22 in for a reasonable amount of cash and make 200hp, and that engine has a little more upgradability than the f22.

Old 01-12-2014, 03:09 PM

If you just want a few more ponies you could do the usual generic CAI, an F23 Intake manifold swap, Aftermarket 4-2-1 header, Upgraded 2.25" exhaust/muffler. It will not hurt the resale value of the car.

if you want to add a bit more you could drop in an aftermarket camshaft and send your throttle body out to Maxbore on top of the above mods. That would give you a pretty fun car to drive...as long as your car is manual.

Old 01-12-2014, 03:39 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by CD5Accord
If you just want a few more ponies you could do the usual generic CAI, an F23 Intake manifold swap, Aftermarket 4-2-1 header, Upgraded 2.25" exhaust/muffler. It will not hurt the resale value of the car.
Won't hurt the resale value of the car? Sorry, I have to beg to differ; when virtually all experienced car buyers (be it they are evaluating your car as a trade-in or shopping for themselves) even so much as catch a whiff of a CAI or headers, or any other boy racer mod and they walk, the price cannot get low enough.

Old 01-12-2014, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by shipo
Won't hurt the resale value of the car? Sorry, I have to beg to differ; when virtually all experienced car buyers (be it they are evaluating your car as a trade-in or shopping for themselves) even so much as catch a whiff of a CAI or headers, or any other boy racer mod and they walk, the price cannot get low enough.
So what do you figure these sticklers are going to pay for a 20 year old car anyway.......

If anyone is seriously concerned about resale value. Just keep your stock parts in a box in the shed so you can put them back on in the case you want to sell it for big money.

boy racer mod... really? Loosen up the tie and live a little!

Last edited by CD5Accord; 01-12-2014 at 08:04 PM.

Quick Reply: Lil more power for the f22b