Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

Lil more power for the f22b

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2014, 06:26 PM
Super Moderator

Each their own.

I personally would walk away from a used car with a CAI......yet many others are going to think.....cool, I don't have to do that as "they" have already.

Old 01-16-2014, 09:53 PM

So here is what you do.

Keep all of your OEM parts somewhere in a box. Then when you want to sell the car put all of those OEM parts back on. Then once someone has bought it. Tell them that you also have a box of aftermarket Accord goodies for sale.....lol

Old 01-16-2014, 10:21 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by CD5Accord
So here is what you do.

Keep all of your OEM parts somewhere in a box. Then when you want to sell the car put all of those OEM parts back on. Then once someone has bought it. Tell them that you also have a box of aftermarket Accord goodies for sale.....lol
Bad move; that's considered fraud.

Old 01-17-2014, 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by Special_Gregg
Okay so I wanna get a little more power outta my 94 accord ex. I know they arent "race cars"
I wouldn't say that... Half-fast's Album: Accord Race Car

...but I def want a lil more pep. Im also a big fan of keeping things N/a and not bootsing the f&$@ outta everything. I know the typical intake manifold and exhuast upgrades help. I just want more info and what is better to get. Ebay vs Spending more and just well know brand stuff. Also looking for better handling upgrades. Any help would be great!!!

Thanks guys!
My LX has a cam, header and Hondata, it is detuned to say within class HP limits at 155HP, 138 torque.

How much are you looking for.

Originally Posted by shipo
Bad move; that's considered fraud.
Why?

If he returned the car to stock configuration and sold the car as such, then it seems it's his right to sell the aftermarket parts how he wishes.

Now if he marketed it with the aftermarket parts, then sure, that's a fraud... Now, I wouldn't do it, it takes time to return the car to OEM, and time is money.

Old 01-17-2014, 08:40 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Half-fast
If he returned the car to stock configuration and sold the car as such, then it seems it's his right to sell the aftermarket parts how he wishes.

Now if he marketed it with the aftermarket parts, then sure, that's a fraud... Now, I wouldn't do it, it takes time to return the car to OEM, and time is money.
It's fraud because he would have sold the car before disclosing that aftermarket parts had been on the car (which depending on how long they'd been on and how the car had been driven could dramatically reduce vehicle life).

Old 01-17-2014, 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by shipo
It's fraud because he would have sold the car before disclosing that aftermarket parts had been on the car (which depending on how long they'd been on and how the car had been driven could dramatically reduce vehicle life).
I see where you are going. Knowing the presents of an aftermarket part in the vehicles past could color your decision to buy or not. Correct?

But you would be okay with them saying, "I returned the car to stock, but if you are interested, here is a pile of go-fast stuff I took off if you are interested in buying them"...

Last edited by Half-fast; 01-17-2014 at 09:20 AM.
Old 01-17-2014, 09:36 AM
Super Moderator

I see where you are going. Knowing the presents of an aftermarket part in the vehicles past could color your decision to buy or not. Correct?
Correct.

But you would be okay with them saying, "I returned the car to stock, but if you are interested, here is a pile of go-fast stuff I took off if you are interested in buying them"...
If the transaction was presented in that way, then there would be no fraud because the prospective buyer would be fully informed before the purchase; then they could make their decision on whether to buy or to walk. Personally, I'd walk.

Old 01-17-2014, 09:38 AM

Fair enough shipo... That makes more sense...

Sorry for getting off topic...