Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

many questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2007, 11:34 PM
Default many questions

i have a 93 honda accord Ex 5 speed with plenty of problems for my newbie self

1. why does my car make a weird squeky sound when reversing it only does this sometimes?
2. at a stop and sometimes when i hit the gas my car screeches i figure its my brake pads but could it be someting else?
3. is it normal for my car to rev to 2k rpm on a start then lower to about 1400?
4. what can i do to push some more power out of my car?..im really into trying to beat my friends prelude (stock)
5. how cani fix mpg problems what can i do to make it better?
6. anyone know cheap interior upgrade sites?
7. when shifting my car kinda makes a turbo sounding noise..but the noise is really light i mean you have to concentrate with the windows down to hear it...i heard it cuz i like riding with my windows down listening to my carbon exhaust

actually any help would do...little tips and secrets?...anything would be appreciated

i was thinking on selling my car for a 92 civic hatchy SI and turn it into a sleeper
all black nice little smoked out headlights and tail lights lowered 5% tint all around

then putting all the rest into performance getting a AEM cold air, full exhaust headers back
with ah22 swap neptuned ECU?
good idea?

Old 02-17-2007, 11:51 PM
Default RE: many questions

I can help you with your gas milage! Stop racing your car!! Your engine will appreciate that too. JUST KIDDING. Your MPG depends on how fast you drive your car.Going 65 sucks up a lot more gas than going 45. Your honda 4cylinder should get good gas milage. Maybe run the speed limit and see if that helps.

Old 02-18-2007, 12:10 AM
poser_pilot6
Unregistered

ORIGINAL: Ericsmiller88
3. is it normal for my car to rev to 2k rpm on a start then lower to about 1400?
You mean when its cold it starts out revving at 2k and then drops to 1400 after a minute, or does it go up and down and up and down?

4. what can i do to push some more power out of my car?..im really into trying to beat my friends prelude (stock)
What year Prelude does he have? H22? Need to know what you're up against... But start with intake, header, and cat back exhaust system. Thats the basics.

5. how cani fix mpg problems what can i do to make it better?
What kind of mileage are you getting right now? How much of your driving is city, how much is highway? How do you drive?

6. anyone know cheap interior upgrade sites?
Try eBay. Its wonderful. Or try APC or JC Whitney. They're pretty cheap.

7. when shifting my car kinda makes a turbo sounding noise..but the noise is really light i mean you have to concentrate with the windows down to hear it...i heard it cuz i like riding with my windows down listening to my carbon exhaust
A turbo noise? Wtf? Alternator whine maybe?

actually any help would do...little tips and secrets?...anything would be appreciated

i was thinking on selling my car for a 92 civic hatchy SI and turn it into a sleeper
all black nice little smoked out headlights and tail lights lowered 5% tint all around

then putting all the rest into performance getting a AEM cold air, full exhaust headers back
with ah22 swap neptuned ECU?
good idea?
Please no. Dont be like everyone else and get a freakin Civic. You can do just fine with the Accord, as long as you make the most of your mods. And its easier to make an Accord into a sleeper, people see it as a mom-mobile a lot of the time, whereas Civics have a street racer rep (thanks a lot, Fast and The Furious). Keep the Accord, make it fast, be proud of it.

Old 02-18-2007, 12:29 AM

ORIGINAL: j_man_honda

I can help you with your gas milage! Stop racing your car!! Your engine will appreciate that too. JUST KIDDING. Your MPG depends on how fast you drive your car.Going 65 sucks up a lot more gas than going 45. Your honda 4cylinder should get good gas milage. Maybe run the speed limit and see if that helps.
haha your right maybe that would help, i got a 355$ speeding ticket the other day so mods are slow for me right now
it was bad karma cuz i was goin 75 in a 45 at 4 am in the morning

Old 02-18-2007, 12:33 AM

poser pilot

the noise kinda sounds electrical...not really turbo..maybe thats my imagination...it sounds kinda like a kazoo haha

the prelude i think is a 93 h22 he isnt stock i just say he is cuz he only has a cold air

yea i was thinking the same thing about the civic alot of people have them, id be the only modded accord sedan in my town

you know of anywher i can get a clear hood?...or are those custom made....the hoods you can see right through to the engine

Old 03-16-2007, 12:31 AM

For your idle, the car will fast idle upon start to raise oil tempertures to the engines optimal heat level, once there it will lower it's idle speed. IF it is really cold out it will occasionally fast idle and then return to normal speeds over and over to keep the engine at it's best temperture. Now your idle should be around 750-1000 when not fast ildeling, so you may need to look at adjusting your throttle cable.