Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

More Problems after Time Belt Change and etc..

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 09:49 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: More Problems after Time Belt Change and etc..

those 2 hoses are for the oil filter cooler.. your car might not have that ,self explanatory, they are located by the oil filter

Old 03-20-2007, 01:01 PM

Well, I just went to the Stealership and order Hoses 5, 6, 7, 10, 11, and 12. Plus I order OEM Hose Clamps. 6 of Clamp 21 and 6 Clamp of 18/19. One of those Clamps is 4.80 a Pop! D$M Just a Hose Clamp. I was like WTF.. So my total is $70.46. This is not my Honda.. Well, wish me luck guys...

Old 03-25-2007, 03:40 AM

Well, I'm still waiting on the Honda Dealership by my house to get the parts. So, It wont be until Monday I get the parts. But anyways, I have been driving the Accord for the past week. Before I drive it, I checked to make sure it was full with water. Recently, I have been noticing it is leaking under the unibody where their is ahole underfloor board and mid section of the car on driver side of the car. What is that? (Drainage for the Heater Core/ Condenser Maybe?) Plus, the driver side motor mounts just got riped and need replaceing. Ugh..Never buya 15 year old car.

Old 03-26-2007, 08:13 PM

Well, I tooked the pic today. Now, It is coming from a new spot. Under the Passanger seat. Here it is..Any Help would be great full..

Name:  DSCF5704.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  55.3 KB

Old 03-27-2007, 12:10 AM
Super Moderator

Curious that it would be draining from that place. That's something like a plug in the middle of the floorpan. When they build the car they need to drain stuff out from the passenger compartment, so there's holes in the floor. The put rubber plugs in, then spray rubber undercoating all over.

Got a floor full of rainwater underneath the carpeting? Slowly dripping out from that hole? Maybe you should pull out that plug & let it drain. Better yet, take out the seats & carpeting & dry it out.

Then figure out how the water got in there in the first place.

Name:  DSCF5704.jpg
Views: 74
Size:  55.3 KB

Old 03-27-2007, 02:04 AM

Its a good amount that leaks out...So I will investigate some more...

Old 03-27-2007, 02:55 PM

does your interior smell like anti-freeze at all or just water? does the carpet feel "squishy" when you push it down like it's soaking wet? has it rained a lot recently?

Old 03-27-2007, 04:41 PM

Yes, but barely noticeable. The passanger side is more squishy, then the driver side. Both side Leaks..It has not rained recently..

Thanks
Anthony

Old 03-27-2007, 07:24 PM
Super Moderator

Soggy underneath the carpeting, that would take months to dry out. So maybe it leaked in there a long time ago. Look for disconnected sunroof drains, missing plugs in the firewall, bad weatherstripping around the doors, anything like that??

Old 03-27-2007, 07:46 PM

ORIGINAL: JimBlake

Soggy underneath the carpeting, that would take months to dry out. So maybe it leaked in there a long time ago. Look for disconnected sunroof drains, missing plugs in the firewall, bad weatherstripping around the doors, anything like that??
This is due to the Cooling system of the Car. Since I still have to add a good bit a water...:P

Quick Reply: More Problems after Time Belt Change and etc..