Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

need help guy

Old 04-03-2008, 02:08 PM
sonicspeed
Unregistered
Default need help guy

hey everyone
i need some helpi bought myself91 exthat was build about 8 years ago that since i last seen it running around town was changed to auto i don't know how well of even if it ran after the swap. a buddy of mine got a hold of it and had it sitting at his place for a couple year so i bought the project to bring this baby back running. i think she has bin sitting for about 4 years. when i when to start it for the first time in a couple of year i was told that it started and ran like a bucket of **** than died put some gas in it and new used distributor and she fired up ran not to bad so i drove her home felt like she had no 1st gear once she got moving she move not to bad not great but not creapy since i got her home i found a wire under the dash that had a few cuts in the wire i broke it with my pinky finger change the oil and pcv now it runs realy nice purr great can hear the cold air nice has a little bit of lag on pinning her under the hood then when i put it in to gear it wont rev up past 1500 when i let off the gas she idles at 500

Old 04-03-2008, 02:18 PM
Default RE: need help guy

Since it's sat so long I'd start with some heat in the gas tank and run some seafoam through the engine to help get rid of a lot of that crap that has built it... will it rev past 1500 rpm's in Neutral? Are you sure the tachometer is accurate?

Old 04-03-2008, 06:13 PM
sonicspeed
Unregistered

what do you mean heat and what is seafoam
i am not sure if it is working or not but it dosn't sound any higher than that

Old 04-03-2008, 06:33 PM

Heat is a product name, it helps remove water due to condensation from your fuel tank (since it sat so long). Seafoam (also product name) you run through a brake booster line, or your oil etc and it helps remove old carbon build up in the engine. Both products are available from most auto parts stores and there is a DIY write-up in our DIY section on how to use seafoam....

Do you have a spare tach you could hook up? Or one someone could lend you? There is a blue plug in the engine bay near the drivers side firewall that you can hook a test tach up to. Does the car accelerate like it's not going beyond 1500 rpms?

Old 04-04-2008, 12:14 AM
sonicspeed
Unregistered

seafoam sound like a cleaning system i used whe i went to school it had a bottle you put in the tank a bottle in the oil and a bottle you put in a chamber that hocked in to a vac line from the brake booster i dont remeber the name of it or who made it but i think i need to invest in get a hold of one it work really well we have air care here it test how manyco2 and noxyour car is putting out at idle and driving

Old 04-06-2008, 02:02 PM
sonicspeed
Unregistered

hey guy i thought i would give you all an update i bought my self a timming light need it for other project and thought i would seehow the timming was on the accord and it was out now i put it in to gear and take my foot off the brake and it moves with no gas i i have not tryed my drive way yet but i figure if i can get up the drive way i an getting close to putting her back on the road. just so you all understand what my drive way is like my second floor is street level and i have a little bit of hump and the top of the drive way and it is raining or has rain my truck hits that hump and spins out when nosed down the drive way will let you all know if it makes it upo the drive way