Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

pulley and posibile exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2006, 03:17 PM
Default pulley and posibile exhaust

i have an 01 accord lx sedan v6. i have a short ram air intake, and was looking at an exhaust and oversized pulley. also i jus had to have my trans rebuilt. will the pulley do any damage to my engine? i tand to accelerate quick and drive at high speeds. will this help or hurt my perfermance and engine life? also im looking for a complete exhaust headers and catback cheap, any ideas which ones are best cuz they have cheap ones on ebay. does anyone know how much the hp the pulley will give me?

Old 03-01-2006, 04:25 PM
Default RE: pulley and posibile exhaust

http://www.cyberauto.com/index.php/unorthodox.htm

there is a basic article on gains.... I used to read a TON of tuner magazines and on both the AEM and theUnorthodox Underdrive pulleys there were gains of about 4-8 hp and torque. But if you go underdrive and you have a large stereo or a lot of electronics make sure you're still getting a good charge on your battery... standard Pulley sets will still give you a gain just due to weight reduction on the crank, a full pulley set isn't a bad way to go even if you keep stock sizes... AEM and Unorthodox are my two suggestions for brand names and you're looking at about $100.00 on up depending on what you choose to get (kit, crank only etc.)

Old 03-07-2006, 12:45 PM

is there a big difference between the aem and cheap pulleys on ebay?

Old 03-07-2006, 01:19 PM

I haven't heard anything back on the pulleys on e-bay. I would be concerned myself because even though it's just a piece of aluminum if it isn't perfectly round it could cause some issues. Plus fitment quesitons on the e-bay ones. and if something goes wrong with it what recourse do you have? If you can contact the company that makes/sells them and get a good response/customer service from them it may be worth trying it if the savings are big enough. Just be sure you inspect it VERY closely for cracks and a decent balance before you put it on. The chances of something going wrong are slim but it's a chance... So if you try one let us know how it worked!

Old 03-07-2006, 01:59 PM

heres a start on your exhaust these are direct from MEGAN. i like TSUDO as the cat back...very inexspensive. ive had mine for about 3 years and no problems...knock on wood

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/STAIN...QQcmdZViewItem

Old 03-07-2006, 05:05 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

if youre going light weight pulleys aem and unorthodox (sp?) are the only good ways to go. But if you have a system do not run an oversized alternator pulley. And if you have an after market alternator do not run an oversized pulley because the alternator will not charge the system. And you wont notice much of a change in your ability to steer with the lighter oversized power steering pulley.

I cant tell you if there is a difference between ebay knockoffs but aem and unorthodox are proven to work