Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

Quad ITBs.

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2009, 09:35 AM
Lightbulb Quad ITBs.

Hey,

I was talking to my buddy and he said that his buddy had put yamaha R1 quad throttle bodies on his crx H22A engine. Now the benefit as he explained is that motorcycle throttle bodies suck a lot of air in which creates vacum equivalent to 2lb of boost. Is that something out of this world or a real deal? Also do you think install and tuning would be hard, considering you probably have to manufacture you own adapters and stuff?

Thanks.

Old 09-30-2009, 04:18 PM
Super Moderator

Yes ITBs gain power. But they are really for full race set ups. They also only really work on High compression motors(11:1 compression+). TWM makes ITBs for most Honda motors.

The ITBs will run you about $1,500.

Another thing is they are incredibly temperamental, they dont like changes in temperature or humidity so the slightest change will cause your car to run poorly. Another thing is for the most part there is no filter, so whatevers in the air gets sucked into your motor. And they probably wouldn't clear your hood so you would have to cut holes in it.

They currently dont make them for the K24a4. I am currently building a K24a with plans of ITBs.

for your car you would need a k24a2/k20a2/z1 head. RSX-s/Civic Si wiring harness. RSX-S/Civic Si ECU. Hondata K-pro. And K24a2/K20 heads dont work with K24a4 pistons. Also they are incredibly hard to tune and most tuners dont like doing it.

Old 10-02-2009, 12:02 PM

I think you can get the 13:1 compression ratio pistons for K24A4, stock is I think 10.5:1. I know that K24a4 head is very restrictive because of the intake or exhaust valve, I cant remember, but i know one of them is non vtec.

I am not doing it anything to my accord. What I was thinking is selling my bike, cuz I recently wrecked (too scared to get on thing anymore, semi truck cut me off going like 60mph....glad I am still alive)

Anyways I was thinking about getting an H22a and putting it in a CRX or an older civic hatch....anything small to get the best power to weight ratio. This is not going to happen anytime soon, cuz I gotta fix my bike yet, or part it out idk yet. Just getting some ideas for the build, nothing crazy....