Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

spark plugs and wires??

Old 05-01-2007, 08:36 PM
Default spark plugs and wires??

ok, let me break this down.....

i am planning to use NGK Iridium IV spark plugs:
http://www.ngksparkplugs.com/product...x.asp?mode=nml

and....I kno i want to use NGK wires but I dont kno whats the differences between NGK Wire Set and NGK Power Cable. Are they the same? When I can my spark plugs, do i NEED to change wire/power cable??
http://www.ngksparkplugs.com/product...sets/index.asp

So am I heading the right direction or should i use a different brand??

Old 05-01-2007, 09:02 PM
Default RE: spark plugs and wires??

Providing your plug wires are still in good shape you don't have to change them.

The biggest difference from one wire to the next is simply how easily/effeciently/consistently it delivers the spark, this is achieved by using different materials for the wires, like stranded, or copper, or large diameter stranded wires etc.... Better wires and new plugs may smooth out the car a little bit since it will have more consistent detonation....it can also potential help your fuel economy a touch...

Old 05-07-2007, 05:46 PM

should i be using NGK Iridium IX since my car only has 1 mod, SRI....or should i use NGK G-Power?? I am just looking to improve my gas mileage and faster acceleration......any advice would be helpful..thanks

Old 05-07-2007, 07:08 PM

Use oem plugs and wires and you will be fine. I just did this recently and my car runs better and my mpg increased a bit as well.

Old 05-07-2007, 08:03 PM

For your application I'd use standard NGK plugs, or iridiums may help a touch.... the biggest difference will be in the spark plug wires, since Honda wires are spendy (I think they're around $80.00 for a set of 4) look into getting some Nology wires, that will smooth out the car a bit, slightly better throttle response, and maybe a small MPG increase....

Old 05-08-2007, 01:19 AM

Aren't nology wires 160 bucks? If so, then wouldn't spending 80 on oem wires be a steal? Just a thought.

Old 05-08-2007, 01:21 AM

also, honda's wires are actually sumitomo wires. those are great wires! they last a long time, i only changed mine about 6 or 7 months back because they had been in the car for 130,000 + miles!

Old 05-08-2007, 11:22 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

nology hotwires are wires with built in capacitors. You are getting what you pay for with those, ive been running them and ngk iridium ix's for the last 8 months and i am happy with them.

Old 05-08-2007, 11:46 AM

You can get OEM ngk plug wires from http://www.manchesterhonda.com/index.cfm for $40-$50. I dont think you can beat that

Old 05-08-2007, 11:51 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

www.sparkplugs.com iridium ix for 6.95 a plug

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: spark plugs and wires??