General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

00 accord transmission issue

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2012, 07:02 PM
Default 00 accord transmission issue

have a 00 accord v6 auto with 137k. problem is when you let off the gas to make a turn and when step on the gas again it likes to jerk. samething when a light is red and turns green while you slow down and you use the gas its like it shifts hard. i dont know iff this is normal maybe when im slowing down its going into lower gear and we step on this gas all of a sudden. i changed the fluid in the trans it works normal for awhile then it goes back to be haveing issues. it could be normal i dont know. anyone have these issues? thanks

Old 11-04-2012, 07:20 PM

when was the last time you changed the fluid? No its not normal and I'd considering selling it before the trans goes

Old 11-04-2012, 08:10 PM

not even 6k. just does it takeing off. its my sisters car and she only had it for a yr. when she got it she had all the belts changed including the timing belt and water pump. dont know what the deal is. feels more like a hesitation in the transmission.

Old 11-05-2012, 11:08 AM

It could be a number of things besides the transmission itself.

Do you have any codes?

It could be the throttle position sensor giving the wrong signal to ECU unit messing up the shift timing.

Dont jump to conclusions before you have enough info.

Does the car engage all gears properly?

Does the car hesitate at stop lights for a second before going? (Low fluid causes torque converter hesitation) if the fluid is really dirty it could have clogged the internal pickup screen in the sump causes fluid starvation further down the pipeline. Unfortunately, you cant clean or replace this filter.

Do you fell slippage in the transmission? yes you can feel it slip i.e. the rpms are too high relative to the engine speed.

If it's just consistent hard shifting between particular gears it could be just a solenoid.

Old 11-05-2012, 11:26 AM

biggest tell of a failing transmission is delayed downshifts into 1st gear when coming to a stop. You will feel it engage after a moment, it feels like someone bumped into the rear of your car when it happens. This will eventually become worse and worse until 1st will no longer engage.

Please let us know more about what this "feels" like when it happens.

Did this happen before you changed your fluid?

Old 11-06-2012, 11:37 AM

she said she feels it shifting at a stop. like someone bumped into the rear of the car. also when you take of at times the rpm goes up like its hesitating to shift gears or lets say you do a california stop it hesitates (jerks). has it done it before i changed the fluid yes but not as bad. i also changed the engine mount above the drive belts cause that was broken. kinda fixed it but now its back to doing it.

Old 11-06-2012, 11:44 AM

btw thanks for all the replies.

Old 11-07-2012, 03:03 PM

That is a classic failing transmission. you could have 35-2000 miles left

Old 11-08-2012, 04:26 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

PM to OP

Old 11-08-2012, 02:57 PM

my sis got a check engine like that came on p0740 looks like we are in for a rebuilt transmission. no they say we can flush the trans but i hear in other post its say do not flush. i wanted to ask you guys if i cant put some of that lucas trans fix in it. it's the thick stuff. thanks

Quick Reply: 00 accord transmission issue