General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

02 Accord {Project

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2018, 05:00 PM
Default 02 Accord {Project

howdy everybody, I am new to this forum as I just finally purchased an Accord, A 2002 to be exact.

names Mike.

yes it does need some work, a bearing, a flex pipe, and windshield but for $800 cant complain.

now, besides the mechanical issues following this new car, I also want to do cosmetics, It only needs a new rear left taillight but why not look at other styles first for both.

My main question is, - Is there any website or forum that specifically tells you which makes are the same, for interchangeable parts. ?

example: Integra Parts fit on a Civic.

The OEM Accord taillights are nice, but looking for that clean mean look, Needs to be more fancy,
A) which other models can i work with?
B) what are some good brands or styles to go with, that won’t get me eyed out 24/7.

Ontario region.
2002 Honda Accord Special edition 5Spd 2.3L-Vtec

Old 04-23-2018, 09:58 AM
Super Moderator

The headlights and taillights are typically model specific due to how the trunk and body panels are molded. There may be some aftermarket versions that look better to you. The shape will be the same as your current taillights, the colors may be slightly different.

IMO, I'd probably stick with OEM Honda parts, because they seem to last a long time and are of better quality.

Old 04-24-2018, 12:46 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Originally Posted by PAhonda
The headlights and taillights are typically model specific due to how the trunk and body panels are molded. There may be some aftermarket versions that look better to you. The shape will be the same as your current taillights, the colors may be slightly different.

IMO, I'd probably stick with OEM Honda parts, because they seem to last a long time and are of better quality.
Agreed. I don't know of any "interchange" sites for 6th gen Accords.
Some of the carbon fiber items that were available didn't fit very well either.
Remember, these cars are 15 to 20 years old now, and aftermarket support wasn't very good when they were new, let alone now. If you're determined to use aftermarket parts, look on e-bay for them.