General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

02 accord dash lights

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2015, 03:01 PM
Default 02 accord dash lights

So, i have an 02 accord that the dash lights are burned out in the HVAC area, the dash clock and the odometer is super dim. Looking for a good reliable source for the lights, or would my local batteries plus have them? (they have a TON) of random itty bitty light bulbs that look like the size of the one i removed from the dash a while back) i just was wondering what experience you folks had before i tear my dash apart to only discover that i need to order junk off amazon or whatever. Thanks in advance!! Oh, i have a fair amount of soldering experience and electrical experience overall, so im not afraid to dig into it, just dont want to tear the dash apart more than strictly necessary

Old 10-21-2015, 07:26 PM

They do need to fit into a hole correctly, and for how cheap they are at the dealer I'd just recommend going that route. Plus you don't want to have the wrong ones going into the job, aftermarket may not be the best idea.

Old 10-21-2015, 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by travrach
They do need to fit into a hole correctly, and for how cheap they are at the dealer I'd just recommend going that route. Plus you don't want to have the wrong ones going into the job, aftermarket may not be the best idea.
Thank you for the input and I agree. I just pulled my multimeter out and tested the connection at the clock light. Its dead. 0 voltage. Could be a fuse, but not likely as the temp and fan speed lights work. That being said, only the cold side of the temp lights work, so its likely either burned lights on the HVAC controller and perhaps a burned board on the clock. I'll have to further dismantle it maybe this weekend.