General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No tail lights or dash lights. Help!

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2008, 05:18 PM
eccsc01
Unregistered
Default No tail lights or dash lights. Help!

I have a 98 accord sedan. After installing an aftermarket stereo I have no dash lights or tail lights. The headlights and brake lights work though. Is there a fuse for the two of them together? I dont have the factory cover for the underhood fuse box. Any help would be appreciated.

Old 02-28-2008, 07:07 AM
Default RE: No tail lights or dash lights. Help!

Answer is yes there should be a fuse for park/tail lights normally it is under the dash in that fuse panel normally towards the drivers side lower dash or on some cars the driver side kick panel. but the fuse is not your problem, either your radio is hooked wrong or you acidently shorted the curcuit during installation. All cars from the factory have a light wire going to factory sterios to dim the lights when you turn on your headlights so either you hooked it up wrong to your aftermarket sterio or if you cut the harness ( I hope you did not) it might be grounding out some how so what you need to do is figure out why you blew your fuse then replace the fuse.