General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

02 Accord no start

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2010, 02:13 PM
Default 02 Accord no start

I have an 02 accord ex with a 2.3 motor and I am having an ignition problem. A few weeks ago i was leaving work and the car barley started after about 20 seconds of cranking. When it started it ran poorly, had a bad miss, then after sputtering for about a minute cleared up and ran fine. I replaced the cap and rotor witch were worn and thought i solved the problem. Not so. About a week after the cap and rotor replacement it did the exact same thing again. Drove it for another couple of weeks, no problems at all. Went out to start the car yesterday and it would not start. It sputters and acts like its running out of gas. I sprayed carb cleaner in the intake plenum and hit the key to no avail. NOt a fuel problem. Checked for spark at plug end of the plug wire and got spark. Kind of a yellow weak looking spark not a nice blue one but it still jumped about 3/8 of an inch off of the screw driver. Where should I start? Coil, ignition module, or some other sensor. I unplugged the battery to clear the codes thinking that might help but it didnt, now i erased any info that might help with the diagnosis. Any ideas? I dont want to start throwing parts at it with out knowing for sure I am going to address the problem.

Old 06-01-2010, 12:23 PM
Super Moderator

Pull the plugs & see whether they're flooded?