General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

03 Accord Coupe - power window/ lock problem

Old 07-01-2011, 05:03 PM
Newest Of Newbies
Default 03 Accord Coupe - power window/ lock problem

Ok, so the problem is, the passenger side power door lock doesn't lock or unlock, using the drivers side switch, or the passenger side switch.

The other problem is the drivers side window, sometimes it rolls down fine, sometimes you have to push the button many times. Also, I hear a clicking noise coming from inside the door panel on driver's side when not even hitting the switch.

Any ideas?

I'm thinking I need to replace the lock actuator on passenger side to fix that, but not sure bout the window issue, or if they are related?

Old 07-01-2011, 05:29 PM
Super Moderator

I sounds like the door lock actuator on the passenger's side is bad. If you search the web, there is a repair procedure on how to fix it. A piece of rubber will break in there that you can use some superglue to fix. This is for older accords, but it may work on your accord too.

As for the window, I might try some silicone paste on the run channel inside the door. You have to remove the door panel to access. If you go to the ericthecarguy site, he has a video on the run channel replacement and lubrication of the channel.

Old 07-01-2011, 09:49 PM
Newest Of Newbies
Thumbs down

I'll look into the door fix.

The window however, the window isn't getting stuck, its more like it doesn't have any power when I press the button.

Old 07-01-2011, 10:27 PM
Super Moderator

It sounds like you will have to do some electrical testing. The easiest spot would be at the window motor. See if you get 12V across the two wires going to the window motor when you hit the switch.

Since the problem sounds intermittent, I would consider back-probing the electrical connector and use a 12V test light. Then if the light turns on when you hit the switch and the window is not working, you can narrow down the problem to the window motor or a stuck window. If you don't get power, then you can start looking on the switch side of the circuit.