General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

04 Accord EX V6 Cpe / Have a Civic Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 01:23 PM
Accordude13
Unregistered
Default 04 Accord EX V6 Cpe / Have a Civic Question

Hey Gang! How is everyone doin'? I have a question that hopefully some of you could answer.
A neighbor has his wife's car for sale (she committed suicide last April - not in the car). It is a 90 Civic LX 4 dr. It has 145,000 miles. He bought the car new in 89. 4 new tires and battery, cruise works,pwr. mirrors work, no smoke, leaks,or pinging from motor, interior is in good shape for the year. Now, the bad stuff - A/C leaks freon, 3 of 4 pwr windows inop, radio inop, clearcoat on top of car completely gone (he said it was NEVER waxed), door dings, little bit of rust starting behind rear wheels on the quarter,silver paint gone from all hubcaps, one headlight looks rusted inside, trunk leaks a little. For the most serious of my concerns... the car shifts like a dream when cold. As I drove it though, the automatic transmission began shifting harder. It did not slip.Then when stopped, the idle was very rough (though the car never quit). The owner could not tell me when it had its last service - he couldn't remember. He is letting me buy the car for $500. I just need a beater to drive to work and school so I can keep the miles (94,000 of them now) down on my 04 Accord (that I still owe on for 3 years!). What do you think the tranny/idle issues are? Avoid it or buy it and have fixed? Thanks in advance for your help!!!!!