General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

04 Flood car ,with a few eletrical issues..

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2012, 05:58 PM
Default 04 Flood car ,with a few eletrical issues..

I got a 2004 accord lx auto , 2.4 with 55k that was involved in a flood and water was up to the dash.. Ive changed the carpet , all fluids(all oils looked normal),seats,blower, O2 sensor, fuse box, ecu (took it to the dealer).. its still got a few problems (all fuses are good)

1) wipers dont work

2) heater doesnt work (only blows cold air)

3) hazards dont work (blnkers do work)

4) key is stuck in the on position until the battery gets disconnect

5) power door locks dont work (niether key fob or door lock)

6) tranny shifts rough but doesnt shift into 3rd (shifting it into R or D feels like your slamming it in gear)

7) even thou i changed the O2 sensor still throwing bank 1 sensor 1 (only code it has)

thanks for all your input

Old 02-12-2012, 06:14 PM
Super Moderator : And A Texan

All electrical problems may stem from flooded mulitplex integrated control system. If this has not been replaced since flood, this would be a likely candidate. I know it's sensitive to moisture. It's on kick panel area of driver's side and part of the under dash fuse panel.

ECM/PCM may be source of other problems trans shift problem and O2 code.

Look for used parts at car-part.com and ebay.

A manual will be essential. Check ebay seller automanualsource for a $21.99 e-manual that is Honda manual.

good luck

Old 02-12-2012, 07:26 PM

I replaced the whole fuse panel(I think thats the mulitplex integrated control system also, all the harness plug into it?) and the ecm. It had alot of other problems b4 I replaced the "m.i.c.s".. Ive got another ecm just in case i happen to get a bad one..(just my luck lol).. Thanks for you quick reply

Old 02-12-2012, 09:19 PM
Super Moderator

I highly suggest getting a shop manual for your car and a volt meter. I got a shop manual from automanualsource.com for $21.99 and it is worth every penny.

The common diy thread on top of the gen tech help section has a link for online shop manuals. That will direct you to a thread with a link for an 03-07 shop manual. It is a little bit harder to use, but will probably help.

You will have to test the wires for each component to figure out why it is not working.

For example, unplug the hazard switch and start testing there. The wiring from the shop manual will help.

Some of the problems may be related, but you will not know until you start doing some tests.

Old 02-12-2012, 09:32 PM
Super Moderator

Right now, Bernardi Honda Parts has a used electrical troubleshooting manual for the 2006 Accord (same generation as yours) available for $20.

"http://www.bernardiparts.com/61XXXXXEL.aspx"

Old 02-13-2012, 06:45 AM

flood cars are not suppose to be resold in the USA. they slip through the cracks though. last one we had in our shop we rewired the whole truck (chevy S10) and 3 weeks later it caught fire in our shop, not running just sitting there with the battery connected. we wont touch a flood car anymore. bad juju.
carry a fire extinguisher.

Old 02-13-2012, 08:55 AM

they sell flood cars all the time as long as it starts up..

Old 02-14-2012, 07:29 PM

swaped out my ecm/ecu today at the dealer and still have the same problems.. codes p0135,p1122,p1128.. I still havin tranny problems so im swappin out the tranny tomorrow .. one of those codes are tps and map. do you guys think its worth it to swap the intake to the larger one from a acura??? or just sensors??

Old 03-06-2012, 08:20 PM

I give up.... this car is kickin my damn ***!!!!! as soon as i fix one problem another one pops up.. now im gettin p2227 and and a few other ones

Old 03-07-2012, 12:44 AM

and p1128.... do you i should replace all sensors on the motor too???

Quick Reply: 04 Flood car ,with a few eletrical issues..