General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'06 Accord, Blown Fuses or Something Else?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 06:55 PM
dupydog
Unregistered
Default '06 Accord, Blown Fuses or Something Else?

Hi all, first time poster here. I have a 2006 Accord and to the best of my knowledge, my cigarette lighters have never worked before. A couple months ago my girlfriend tried her ipod charger in my car and couldn't get it to work. She also tried her old phone charger and couldn't get that to work either. Recently I got a car charger (12V), so I figured I'd have the adapters looked at. The rep told me it's the fuse and replaced it immediately. I then tried my new charger and nothing happened, so I went back to him and he replaced it again. I explained to him that this is the third charger I've tried, but he said it had to be the charger. So I went home with the new fuse and tried my girlfriend's new phone charger (which is different than the first one tried and which we know works in her car) and again nothing happened. I called the rep and again he keeps pushing the charger, but he did say I could bring it in for a an electric diagnostic.

So my question is, does anyone here know if it could be anything else? I'm not very knowledgable when it comes to cars, but logically I can't see how I could get unlucky with 4 different chargers. The rep clearly knows more than I do, but am I being unreasonable in thinking it's something else? Rather be armed with some knowledge before taking it in and looking that much dumber. Thanks for any replies.

Old 02-11-2008, 08:03 PM
Default RE: '06 Accord, Blown Fuses or Something Else?

most likely it's the charger. but it's also possible he didn't change the right fuse. i'm not sure which fuse it is atm, i don't have the sm open, but i know it's a 15amp fuse in the driver underdash fuse box. i think it's fuse 9 offhand.

Old 02-12-2008, 03:14 AM
dupydog
Unregistered
Default RE: '06 Accord, Blown Fuses or Something Else?

So I just got a bad run of chargers then? Is it that common?