General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

06 accord v6 puzzled

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2024, 09:58 AM
Default 06 accord v6 puzzled

Hi I'm trying to fix my son's 06 honda accord. Suddenly the car wouldn't accelerate the blinking d light vsa and check engine all came on. We scanned codes but a bunch came up like a lot of codes not pointing to one thing making it seem that they are old or stored codes. We replaced the throttle position sensor and thr blinking d light went away but still no throttle at all in the gas pedal. Had someone look at it and they were sure it was the ecm. We replaced the ecm. Start the car still no throttle at all in pedal vsa light and check engine still on but no blinking d light. We are puzzled. The car belongs to my 17 year old kid so we are trying to figure this out bit everyone is baffled.

Old 01-25-2024, 10:05 AM
Super Moderator

Please list all the codes you currently have on the scanner.

Old 01-25-2024, 10:11 AM

I will post all the codes I'm going to see if I can get a print out of them and upload a picture

Old 01-25-2024, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by PAhonda
Please list all the codes you currently have on the scanner.
will see if I can upload a pic

Old 01-25-2024, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by Kcoffee
will see if I can upload a pic
so I couldn't get the list of codes. My husband and his friend scanned the car today while I was at work. Some of the codes have gone away. He did say the codes that came up are related to the tps now. We did replace the tps, but now us getting a reading of 0 when testing it.

Old 01-25-2024, 05:04 PM
Super Moderator

It is difficult to give advise without any codes for a starting point. Please post the current codes when you can.

On the 06 accord, there is an accelerator position sensor (app sensor) that is near the passenger windshield in the engine bay. This is connected to the gas pedal inside the car. Also the throttle body has a throttle actuator (motor) and a throttle position sensor that are monitored by the engine computer. I think the OEM throttle position sensor is part of the throttle body and the entire throttle body would need replaced. Do you know which was replaced?

Old 01-25-2024, 10:25 PM

It is difficult to give advise without any codes for a starting point. Please post the current codes when you can.

On the 06 accord, there is an accelerator position sensor (app sensor) that is near the passenger windshield in the engine bay. This is connected to the gas pedal inside the car. Also the throttle body has a throttle actuator (motor) and a throttle position sensor that are monitored by the engine computer. I think the OEM throttle position sensor is part of the throttle body and the entire throttle body would need replaced. Do you know which was replaced?
So my husband and I were looking at the car tonight, a friend of his had been working on the car , we bought a throttle position sensor. He put it in a while back before we replaced the ecm, we never thought to really look at it again because we were told by a shop it was probably the ecm which we found out it is not because the problem still persists after replacement. Anyway when my husband showed me where he replaced the sensor I said are you sure? Because he was showing me the pedal position sensor. I have been scouring the internet for weeks and have seen so many videos and read so many threads that I actually know now the throttle position sensor is located on the throttle body or right near it and what he was showing me is up near the windshield. Long story short I really think he put a throttle position sensor there when we were supposed to get a pedal position sensor and that's why we are getting no reading when he tests it? I could be wrong because what do I know about cars, but we ordered the correct part and should know by Saturday if I am right. I will be amazed and thankful if I am!. Thank you for your responses and I will definitely post the update when I know!

Old 01-25-2024, 11:59 PM
Super Moderator

I don't think a throttle position sensor can be accidentally installed where the APP sensor is located, so probably the APP sensor was replaced. Without codes, I can't tell you what needs replacing.

My best recommendation is to get a service manual that covers your accord. Automanualsource.com has a pdf you can download for $22 and is definitely worth the investment if you DIY repair this accord.

Old 01-26-2024, 05:28 AM

I don't think a throttle position sensor can be accidentally installed where the APP sensor is located, so probably the APP sensor was replaced. Without codes, I can't tell you what needs replacing.

My best recommendation is to get a service manual that covers your accord. Automanualsource.com has a pdf you can download for $22 and is definitely worth the investment if you DIY repair this accord.
You are probably right but this is a last ditch effort and I will definitely go see about downloading that manual. We put Much money into fixing what we thought was wrong that the only way I think we can fix it now is by ourselves lol. I am gonna try to attach a picture of the first part he had us buy ( throttle position sensor) we actually sent the first one back thinking it was defective he said it didn't fit and had another one sent. And then a pic of the app sensor we just ordered just to get your thoughts.

Old 01-27-2024, 03:56 PM

Hey I just wanted to say thanks for all your help. The part arrived today (accelerator pedal position sensor) plugged it in all lights went away ! Cant believe after all that we figured it out

Quick Reply: 06 accord v6 puzzled