General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'07 accord dead??

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2010, 09:39 PM
Default '07 accord dead??

'07 accord auto.v-tech,,,car running perfect,,no probs.,,went out about 3 hrs. later, the interior lights r on bright, when i turn key to start everything on dash just flickers,,the doors unlock and lock but panic doesnt work. is this some kind of security lock or what??doesnt attempt to turn,,like no power in battery,just dash lights flickering

Old 07-20-2010, 09:46 PM
Super Moderator

A bad battery might act like that. Can you jump start it? Or remove the battery & carry it to some AutoZone-type place for them to test it?

Dirty/loose/corroded battery cables? Especially the OTHER end of each cable?

Old 07-20-2010, 10:19 PM

Autozone tested my battery in the car. The weak battery was causing communication errors from the MICU (very strange issues). Changed the battery, and everything worked. I was surprised, when he said the battery was weak, because the battery started the engine OK.

Old 08-27-2010, 06:48 PM
Default Your help/advise is really appreciated!

Originally Posted by tng6664
'07 accord auto.v-tech,,,car running perfect,,no probs.,,went out about 3 hrs. later, the interior lights r on bright, when i turn key to start everything on dash just flickers,,the doors unlock and lock but panic doesnt work. is this some kind of security lock or what??doesnt attempt to turn,,like no power in battery,just dash lights flickering
I am having the same issue. Car has been running fine. Stopped at the store on the way home from work and when I returned to the car it would not start. I was able to jump start it and drive it the 5 miles to the house. On the way home the Malfunction indicator light came on and the ABS light just blinked on for a second, went off and never came back on but the MIL stayed on. The car seems to be running fine. When I turn the key to start, it does not make a sound but most all of the panel/instrument lights start flickering on and off.

I just bought the car a couple of months ago so for all I know it could be the original battery. We have been having 100+ degree heat here in Texas for the past couple of weeks and I know that can kill a battery in a hurry. I am planning to try and jump it again and get it down to AutoZone and have them check the battery charge. The AutoZone is about 4 miles from the house. Do you think it's okay to drive with the MIL on? Does this sound like a battery issue? I appreciate any help and advice!

Thanks

Old 08-27-2010, 06:52 PM
Super Moderator

It sounds like a bad battery to me.

Old 08-27-2010, 06:57 PM

Thanks for the reply! I am hoping that's all it is.

Since I can not lock the car with the Key fob, I figured I would just lock it the old fashioned way.............. master key inserted into drives side door handle lock. When I went to do that I realized that there is no lock. The hole is filled solid with some type of metal. The car has the Immobilzer auto theft system so I am assuming that this is normal?