General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

07 brake problem.

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2014, 09:30 AM
Default 07 brake problem.

Working on a 2007 Accord and having problem with brakes. The problem is low brake peddle. The brakes have been bleed a couple times, ABS unit replaced with used one. Boss would not get a NEW one. I did a bleed on the brakes to the point of flushing the old fluid. The part that getting me is that with the car off, the brakes are high and tight with no sinking. With the car on, just the opposite. Input welcomed.

Old 12-21-2014, 11:05 AM
Super Moderator : And A Texan

If brake pedal is sinking steadily under foot pressure, the master cylinder is likely leaking slowly.

Low brake pedal that can only be gained by pumping suggests trapped air.

Brake pedal is firm w/ engine off because there is no vacuum boost available.

good luck

Old 12-21-2014, 03:51 PM

Keep bleeding... sounds like there is still some air trapped in there...

:chug:

Old 12-21-2014, 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by Hicksvilleshick
Keep bleeding... sounds like there is still some air trapped in there...

I give it a try again. Didn't know if that was normal on a 07. I have a 2014 Nissan Versa that the brake peddle will slowly sink down if you are heavy foot on it sitting at a stop. Dealer says it's normal and they all do it. I don't like that but what can I do.

Old 12-21-2014, 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by Dakotademon7
I give it a try again. Didn't know if that was normal on a 07. I have a 2014 Nissan Versa that the brake peddle will slowly sink down if you are heavy foot on it sitting at a stop. Dealer says it's normal and they all do it. I don't like that but what can I do.

thats not good... prolly got seals blown in the master cylinder...

As to the accord, yeah I'd keep bleeding it, see if the pedal comes up. Only other thing that would effect pedal height is pad wear, and it usually isn't noticeable till you put new ones on...

Old 12-22-2014, 06:02 AM

Pedal drift with constant foot pressure is not good. When the car is running the brake booster is working thus the pedal will be lower then when the car is off. Each make and model of vehicle has a different travel with the car running and booster working, but all vehicles should have a high and tight pedal with the engine off. Is the pedal is spongy then there is either air trapped in the system or sometimes there is excess rust between the shims. Who bled the ABS when it was replaced? There is a very specific way to bled the pump.