General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

09 Accord Sedan LX Aftermarket Exhaust Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2014, 11:44 AM
Default 09 Accord Sedan LX Aftermarket Exhaust Question

I've never really dabbled in aftermarket exhausts but after my stock exhaust (a plain jane straight exhaust) on my 09 LX got a bit damaged, I was wondering are there any exhausts I could buy that look nice but don't alter the sound at all (wishful thinking, I know) or not that much? Something very very light and mellow would be perfect. I drive a mostly stock Accord, I'm more for a nice look than an aggressive sound. I could invest in a resonator if absolutely necessary since I don't want my car sound like a lawn mower. Is that possible at all, or do I just have to deal with my ugly, banged up stock exhaust?

Also, I've invested in many different tips and none of them fit right. The OEM Honda ones stick out way too much and Autozone ones rust immediately. However, if anyone has had any experience with some good quality tips, that would be appreciated too.

Thanks in advance guys.

Old 03-02-2014, 04:53 AM
Super Moderator

I'm not the best for aftermarket exhaust.....willing to bet any "performance" exhaust is going to change the sound. However there are some out there that will look nice, give a "bit of sound" but do not sound like a lawn mower.

Might look for stainless exhaust tips to slow the rust.

Old 03-02-2014, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by poorman212
I'm not the best for aftermarket exhaust.....willing to bet any "performance" exhaust is going to change the sound. However there are some out there that will look nice, give a "bit of sound" but do not sound like a lawn mower.

Might look for stainless exhaust tips to slow the rust.
Luckily, I'm not dumb enough to buy a "performance" exhaust, so for now I think I'll just stick with a decent tip.

Do you or anyone else know of any decent stainless steel tips? Ones that actually fit well, too.

Old 03-03-2014, 06:57 PM
Super Moderator

Again, not much of an exhaust person, sorry.

Some searching online might help?????? Or a vist/phone call to some local parts stores might get you some leads.

Old 03-05-2014, 08:44 PM

Anyone else have experience with any good exhaust tips? Weld-on included.