General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1991 Accord Problems

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2011, 11:53 PM
Super Moderator

You need to figure out why neither pin on the fuse box for fuse #27 has no power.

When you test those pins, do you touch the red lead of the volt meter to one of the pins, then touch the black lead to a good ground, like the valve cover bolt? I just want to make sure that you are testing it properly, so you are not mislead by your readings.

Old 09-10-2011, 12:58 AM

Originally Posted by PAhonda
You need to figure out why neither pin on the fuse box for fuse #27 has no power.

When you test those pins, do you touch the red lead of the volt meter to one of the pins, then touch the black lead to a good ground, like the valve cover bolt? I just want to make sure that you are testing it properly, so you are not mislead by your readings.
I started getting desperate and tried removing the relay and using a direct cable and it got the windows working. Gonna try replacing both relays and see if that fixes my windows and go from there but my dash still isn't working. (DAMN)

Old 09-10-2011, 07:19 AM
Super Moderator

Hang on, are we testing for the door locks or the windows?

Old 09-10-2011, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by poorman212
Hang on, are we testing for the door locks or the windows?
Neither was working but now the power windows are working

Old 09-10-2011, 02:31 PM
Super Moderator

Good, one down. BTW, what solved the windows?

Are you still looking to figure out the door locks? If so let us know what you've been able to find out so far.

Old 09-10-2011, 04:11 PM

Good, one down. BTW, what solved the windows?

Are you still looking to figure out the door locks? If so let us know what you've been able to find out so far.
I don't know if its fully solved with the windows but if I arch a cable across the 12v section it then powers the other fuses so im gonna get another relay and see if it was just bad.

Would be nice to figure out doors but I think its something in the drivers door only because no matter which power lock I hit theres a noise in driver door so gonna take that apart later today when I'm home.

More importantly is the console because nothing on it works (speedometer, temp, fuel, Odometer, Lights on console.

Any help is appreciated

Old 09-10-2011, 04:26 PM
Super Moderator

Please check the Common DIY Threads at the top and download (free version) or buy a manual. It will help in finding the issue. Do you have a volt meter? You can test the relay.....I'm thinking the realy is fine, it is either the ground or hot side of the relay "coil" that is the issue.

Old 09-11-2011, 01:08 AM

Please check the Common DIY Threads at the top and download (free version) or buy a manual. It will help in finding the issue. Do you have a volt meter? You can test the relay.....I'm thinking the realy is fine, it is either the ground or hot side of the relay "coil" that is the issue.
Couldn't find another relay at any store but took mine apart and re-soldered it together and now all the relays works fine. YEAH!!

However my dash is still not working at all and i'm not sure where to start. Also the fan blower is not working and those are the only important things that I care about so any help is appreciated.

Old 09-11-2011, 08:08 AM
Super Moderator

Lets start with the dash. Test the dash dimmer switch.

Attached Thumbnails 1991 Accord Problems-4th-gen-dash-light-control.jpg  
Old 09-11-2011, 09:41 AM

Lets start with the dash. Test the dash dimmer switch.
My bad that doesn't work but I will check the switch but more importantly the tach, Speedometer , any gauge is not working

Quick Reply: 1991 Accord Problems