General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

1991 Acord Ex problem?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 12:12 PM
tedog1985
Unregistered
Default 1991 Acord Ex problem?

Ok guys.. I bought a 1991 accord in great shape for the steal of 150 bucks.. People said the wiring was shot in it and they were tired of it sitting in their driveway... It ended up being a Tranny computer... Ok for my question... The car has 240,000 miles on it and it they steering wheel shakes when you get up past 60.. Actully they whole car shakes at 60 you can look over a see the passenger seat bouncing up and down.. Now for what I have done to the car. I have replace most of the front suspen... End links, Rotors and brakes, New upper control arms.. new inner and out tie rods, One lower front ball joint.. The other ball joint seemed fine with testing play.. Ok After all that I just got in aligned today and come to find out that the steering wheel still vibrates.. What else could it be.. Should I go ahead and replace the other ball joint, Shocks and struts,... What about the lower control arm bushings? Could that be the cause for the unwanted vibration? Oh! by the way it has new tires in the front.Thanks for all your help in advance.. im going crazy

Old 06-22-2007, 02:11 PM
Newest Of Newbies
Default RE: 1991 Acord Ex problem?

So I imagine if they did the front tires the balancing must have been done. That was my initial thought.
With all that you have done, all of the major components that can be the culpret, I would think that maybe something is out of wack, like a radius rod or something. It makes me wonder if the car was ever in an accident. I would like to think more positively though and beleive that it is something more mundane.

I must ask you a question. How difficult is it to replace the Inner tie rods?
I may have to do this on my 93 and have always feared it.

Did the shop say if the alignment was very far off?
Was the tire shop reputable?

Old 06-25-2007, 04:53 PM
tedog1985
Unregistered
Default RE: 1991 Acord Ex problem?

It looks like it has never been in an accident?? Who knows... Im just about done with messing with it and might live with the vibration!! The inners were not that bad to do at all.. It took me about hour and half to finish it all ..