General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1991 EX front sidemarker/turn sig replacement

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2006, 10:19 PM
rvlikens
Unregistered
Default 1991 EX front sidemarker/turn sig replacement

Ok. I'm normally pretty good with cars. Not a master mech but able to do most minor work. So. My sons 91 EX has a side marker light that's out. I picked up some replacement bulbs. Came home and popped the hood. Ok. So, I'm standing there, with son looking over my shoulder. Looking for access from the fender to get to the bulb. ??? I can see the wires but it appears the housing must come out. So, I'm looking for a way to get it out. I did a little pulling, prying, being careful not to "break" anything. Took a little phillips screw out of this grey plastic brace that looks like a support for the top of the side marker housing. Still, it won't budge. Now I'm thinking.. How the heck or why would they make it so hard to replace 1 stinking bulb? I look at a repair manual I just got. It doesn't show how to remove the turn signal but it does the headlamp. So, I'm looking at it. To get the housing out.. I have to take off the bumper. I put in the 2 bolts I already took off the headlight housing. I put the windshield washer filler tube back on and put away the tools. Fired up the PC and came here. I don't want to break anything but there has to be a simple way to replace this bulb. Any help would be nice. Thanks

Old 05-02-2006, 03:27 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: 1991 EX front sidemarker/turn sig replacement

yeah those little side marker lense could be a pain to remove,,,

you got the little phillip screw out, get a flat screwdriver and put it in the back side of the lense and the fender gap,, you need to gently pry the lense toward the frt of the car ,
with enough patience and prying, the lense will come out ..

Old 05-08-2006, 11:18 AM
rvlikens
Unregistered
Default RE: 1991 EX front sidemarker/turn sig replacement

I thought that's how it would come out. I can't see any other screws or clamps so by taking off the phillips screw on top, I figurd it's got some time of rubber gromits holding it in, then after prying it out (strait out from the fender). I started to do that but thought I would asked before I busted or cracked something. I'll give it go and report back.. Thanks[X(]