General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1991 Honda accord Heater/ac switch problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2012, 03:12 PM

I recurs the fuses...I ran I wire from the underhood fuse box and contected it to the yellow/ BK stripe with from the motor and leaving the blue/red stripe untouched.....the motor did turn on. The relay was not in its socket. So I know so far the motor OK.

Old 05-18-2012, 03:16 PM

Now as far the pic I mentioned...( using a regular mechanics test light) I tested all four sectors...no power. With the key ignition turned on ...only the upper right sector has power with the fan switch turned off. Now with the fan switched turned on ...nothing changed..no other sectors has poet but that upper right one I mentioned.

Old 05-18-2012, 03:20 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

I will PM poorman and see if he can help, he is better at the wiring diagrams then I am.

Old 05-18-2012, 05:47 PM
Super Moderator

Sorry, at work I can't really get on here...I have to go somewhere and use a free wi-fi.

Anyway, we are missing power to one of the pins. From your description - No power to any pin with the key off - The underhood fuse (#18 - 30amp) is the first thing I'd double check....should be the white wire to the relay.

Getting power to one pin with the key on means the underdash fuse and switch are good

Attached Thumbnails 1991 Honda accord Heater/ac switch problem-4th-gen-blower-realy.jpg  
Old 05-23-2012, 04:00 PM

I rechecked the fuses. All OK. I did a test run with a wire from the battery to the relay. I placed it in the fourth sector of the pins....lower right. Becoming a constant. I turned the ignition on and the blower worked. Why would the wire go bad?

Old 05-23-2012, 04:02 PM

I still have to do it...I had no time. I had to pick up the wife at work. I will give a shot tomorrow. I bought a relay just invade if it was that but it wasn't...its the wire...weird.

Old 05-23-2012, 04:10 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Pito

Perhaps you had a mouse living in the car some.

Those things love to chew wires which can cause all kinds of strange wiring problems, like those you are having.

Old 05-24-2012, 05:37 PM
Super Moderator

Best I can tell, you are missing the "constant" power that comes from the under hood fuse panel....are there "other" electrical issues with the car?

Anyway, at least you have the blower working again

Old 05-25-2012, 06:42 PM

OK this what I did....first I did a test run. I ran a wire from the battery and directly to the blower relay and making contact to the lower right whole...which made me have power to the switch itself. ...day came and I ran a smaller wire and attached it to the lower right peg of the relay itself. The other end to a fused tap in for the fuse box...I used a 20amp fuse after trial error going from 5-20 amp fuses...I got the blower up and running..I put the car back together...

Old 05-25-2012, 06:45 PM

I have new electrical problem with the window motors. They work intermittently. It works when it wants to. Should we go from here or start a new thread post?

Quick Reply: 1991 Honda accord Heater/ac switch problem