General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1992 Honda Accord LX PLEASE look at the pic...

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2010, 01:57 AM
Default 1992 Honda Accord LX PLEASE look at the pic...

Hi. New. Thanks for having me. I need to find out if this stick in this line (maybe someone could tell me what it is) is causing my car to overheat? I just bought it from a third party. Also, those raggedy looking hoses, what are they called? Also, there is a little white container on the left side, when you pop the hood. it is empty. what is this for? and what do i fill it with?

also, the guy I bought the car from said that there is a grounding cable that i need that runs from the battery to the side. where can i find these? thanks. please take a look at the pics....http://helpmefixit2010.blogspot.com/

Old 06-13-2010, 02:35 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Hose with the stick is going to your cruise control. The other one looks like a thermal wrap over an AC line. I would need to see way it goes to be sure and I am not familiar with that covering on a line. Neither item looks to be related to the overheating but the bottle may be the overflow for the radiator.

Old 06-13-2010, 11:48 AM
Super Moderator

Replace that hose with the hole in it (the stick).

The radiator overflow bottle has to be connected right under the radiator cap so that the radiator can suck antifreeze back in when it cools down. Otherwise the radiator can get air in it. Hondas don't like to have any air-space in the cooling system.

Old 06-13-2010, 08:36 PM

Second that: vacuum line to cruise control. They might have the same size hose at the local parts house. Is there a leak? The other, is the covering on an Air Conditioning hose. IF this is leaking, you might need to rebuilt and/or recharge the system. Let us know how it goes.

Old 06-13-2010, 09:19 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

http://techauto.awardspace.com/overheating.html

give this a diagnose for the overheating issue........
1st picture vacc hose
second picture it is the a/c discharge hose ,,covering torn a bit it is no big deal
3rd picture is the a/c suction hose covering torn a bit no big deal i see it all the time .. neither have anything to do with overheating ......

diagnose overheating according to the link i pasted

Old 06-13-2010, 11:00 PM

Gosh... I am going to have to take the car to the shop. I didn't want to, but I am going to have to. I just hope they don't try and trick me... I have heard a lot about that kinda stuff going on. Just crazy. (one reason why I never take my sewing machine to the shop... lol) My radiator reserve container... the overflow container, it is empty. When I removed the radiator cap it looked like water, and it just spilled over. I recapped it. I thought it was supposed to be green or something... How can I tell if my engine is bad? See, I really don't know anything... thanks for any help!!!