General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1992 honda accord won't turn over

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2016, 09:14 PM
Newest Of Newbies
Default 1992 honda accord won't turn over

I have a 1992 accord ex 5 speed. The starter won't turn unless jumped. Solenoid doesn't click when starting it inside car. When key in ignition slot 1 and 2 the continuity is good and all lights light as suppose to be. When in 3 position the test failed so i replaced the ignition switch and still wont start. I have also jumped the clutch interlock switch(the two pin yellow connector near the clutch safety switch). I have also checked continuity for the ignition fuse located under the hood and it seems fine. Have also checked all the fuses by the foot kick box. Am now at a total loss and need help. My car was stolen and after it was stolen it would start randomly for a while and now doesn't start at all. So I am assuming it has something to do with that. Maybe a burnt wire i thought but all key positions provide power to everything else it just won't send power to starter?Any help is appreciated.

Old 11-09-2016, 07:21 AM
Super Moderator : And A Texan

Suggest confirming 12V start signal is not arriving at starter on B/W wire. If missing work backwards from starter to see where signal is lost,... or forward from ignition switch on column. A wiring diagram is necessary to guide diagnosis.

good luck

Old 11-09-2016, 11:23 PM
Newest Of Newbies

i am currently doing that, ruled out everything except it be the starter cut relay or a bad ground. I finally found what i believe to be the starter cut relay. It was loose and not attached. Is it suppose to click as mine does not click. I will try to jump it tomorrow and investigate any bad grounds to starter cut relay. Is there a clutch cutoff relay also? Also does anyone know of the grounds for teh ignition to starter wire that i can check? It has to be one of these two or just a burnt wire. Any help is appreciated.