General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1993 No fuel after engine swap!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2008, 05:56 PM
Default 1993 No fuel after engine swap!!!

Problem with prev. post so here I go again. Spark but no fuel, ran for a short while after putting a tsp. of gas to each cyl. Drove car to garage with old engine so I figure parts from it are OK? Swapped fuel pressure reg., fuel rail and injectors but still no fuel. I will check power to injectors ASAP. Was told problem could be ECU, TPS, MAP, short/broken wire. The manual I have describes tests but, with engine running.

If there is no power to injectors as I suspect, what next?

Old 12-05-2008, 06:06 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: 1993 No fuel after engine swap!!!

I would listen for the fuel pump to kick on since you verified no fuel. Listen for the fuel pump to turn on for about two seconds when you turn the key to the II position. It is a faint buzzing sound that comes from the back seat. You may need someone to turn on the key and you listen at the gas cap.

If you hear no sound, then you will need to work backwards to find what is not supplying power back there. Check for power at the blk/yel wire that feeds into the sending unit under the access cover in the trunk for those two seconds. A test light will help here. Check all of your fuses and check that all of your grounds are clean and secure in the engine bay.

You may also want to short the service connector under the glove box to see if your ECU has any codes. Maybe you forgot to hook up a sensor.

The injectors should all have power (12V I think) one of the two pins (the pin that has the same wire color for all four injectors). The ECU grounds the other side to open the injector. A test light would help here too. Just hook up the test light across the two pins, and the light should flash. You can pick up one at RadioShack for <$5.

Old 12-05-2008, 08:17 PM
Super Moderator

Ground wire at T-stat housing

Old 12-05-2008, 08:20 PM

Fuel pump is working, injectors are not. Where can I find info on the retreival of the codes?

Old 12-05-2008, 09:25 PM
Super Moderator

http://www.dhost.info/accordinfo/howto/cel.html

I think that your connector will be brown with two wires going into it. Everything else will be the same.

Old 12-05-2008, 09:37 PM

Thanks to all. Found info in my book for retreival. Code 6 "Coolant temp. sensor". Outer part where plug goes on is broke!!! $35.99 ships in a day. Will let you all know.

Old 12-06-2008, 11:05 AM
Super Moderator

Keep looking. Without that sensor, it should still run. Badly, rich,but itll still run.

Check the wires for the fuel injectors. One wire (same color for all injectors) should have battery voltage when the key is turned on. The ECU closes the GROUND side of each injector circuit when it wants the injectorto fire.

Old 12-06-2008, 01:32 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: hondadude
Ground wire at T-stat housing
Ground wire at T-stat housing ? ?

Old 12-06-2008, 05:29 PM

Only have power on injectors to cyl.'s 1 & 4, nothing on 2 or 3. 1 & 4 plugs wet, 2 & 3 dry. Injectors all showing about 2.5 ohms resistance.

Old 12-06-2008, 07:21 PM
Super Moderator

There is a resistor box that provides power to each injector. Check the wiring harness for damage between the injectors and injector resistor box.

Check the injector resistor box. You measure the individual resistance for each of the 4 resistors by unplugging the box and measure the resistance between pins 1 and 2, 1 and 3, 1 and 5, and 1 and 6 on the plug that goes into the box.

You can use the other plug that leads to the injectors and test for continuity to find out if the wire harness is bad.

The testing of the injector box will be in a shop manual (you can download one for a 91 accord in the DIY section under Online Manuals thread). The 91 and 93 accords are basically identical.

On my car the plug going to the injector box is pinned like this:

1 2 3
X 5 6

1 is the power supply and 2-6 are the resistor for each injector.

Quick Reply: 1993 No fuel after engine swap!!!