General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1994 Accord Windows not working properly Help!

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2011, 09:33 PM
RaysHondaAccord1994with247.000miles's Avatar
Newest Of Newbies
Default 1994 Accord Windows not working properly Help!

Hi Honda drivers my 1994 Accord which runs great but does leak oil has a power window issue. The driver side will roll down but won't go back up. It seems to have no contact with the switch when trying to roll up. Also the back drivers side won't go down or up, nothing happens with the switch, luckly it went up all the way before quiting. The passenger side windows work ok as the front is a little slow going up but I have to use the switch on the door. The back works fine and I can still use the switch next to the drivers seat. The front drivers side window is half down. I had it up but my wife recently let it down on accident...Hope someone out there can give me some advise on fixing this issue. Thank you. Ray in Long Beach Ca.

Old 10-03-2011, 07:29 AM
Super Moderator : And A Texan

First check all the fuses that drive the power windows.

For LF (drivers), the switch is likely the problem if you're not hearing any motor activity when switch is moved to up position. Switches get dirty w/ age and fail to connect. Some have been able to remove/clean, others have purchased a used master switch panel to replace old.

Go to Online Manuals post in DIY forum for download of 94-97 Accord manual if you don't have a manual. Also look on youtube "ericthecarguy" for videos on door panel removal and window run channel repair. These will provide good instructions for work to remove door panel and master control switch panel.

For LR, if there is no motor activity w/ master panel or door switch, the fuse could be open, motor faulty, or bad switches at both locations (less likely but possible).

Search for "power window" in Title from advanced search for hits on problems/fixes by others.

good luck