General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1994 Honda Accord Turn Signals making Loud 'Buzzing' Noise

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2013, 03:12 PM
Super Moderator

It can be a short somewhere, check closely the bulb connectors, wiring, bulbs, etc.

Old 08-12-2013, 09:13 AM
Almost A Senior Member

Originally Posted by redbull-1
It can be a short somewhere, check closely the bulb connectors, wiring, bulbs, etc.
As always, thanks so much to PM, PH and RB

I have couple of questions:

1- Someone recently replaced "3rd Brake Light and one rear bumper marker(red one)" bulbs and issue started. Could it be an issue that proper bulbs are not used or something else?
2- How much should be the voltage on E-terminal. Should I just use a multi-meter?
3- If I turn on the Hazard, then turn it off and use turn signal, signal does work for few secs and then again buzzing sound starts to come. I do not think it's a contact issue or problem. What do you say? Asking, because if it would be a contacts issue, signal would never work.

Please advise and will proceed accordingly

Thanks again to all of you.

Last edited by faran; 08-12-2013 at 09:20 AM.
Old 08-13-2013, 06:10 PM
Super Moderator

One more question I should have asked......when this "buzz" happens, do all of the lights still work? Also does it seem to be only when the "right/left" signals are used.

I went one way on the power but PA went another by asking about the hazard switch - as when it is pushed poswer flows thru the switch one way, when off it flows another. He suggested swapping the switch with another to see if the same happens.....have a friend with a 5th gen willing to help you test?

Old 08-14-2013, 02:57 AM
Super Moderator

There is a Honda TSB regarding it, maybe try a different turn signal relay. If you can, return the one you previously bought.

Attached Thumbnails 1994 Honda Accord Turn Signals making Loud 'Buzzing' Noise-honda-tsb-91-008.jpg  
Old 08-14-2013, 09:27 AM
Almost A Senior Member

Originally Posted by poorman212
One more question I should have asked......when this "buzz" happens, do all of the lights still work? Also does it seem to be only when the "right/left" signals are used.

I went one way on the power but PA went another by asking about the hazard switch - as when it is pushed poswer flows thru the switch one way, when off it flows another. He suggested swapping the switch with another to see if the same happens.....have a friend with a 5th gen willing to help you test?
Guys, thanks so much for helping out. Don't have a friend to test that thing.

When buzz is happening, turn signals DO NOT work, but if I push the 'Hazards' signals start to work. Buzz always happens, when I use "right/left" turn signals.

Since yesterday, if I use turn signals, they do come for 5-10secs and then again Buzz starts to come. This thing is driving me NUTS and I am really hoping to fix it with your help and guidance

Thanks so much RB, I have already returned the previous one.

Old 08-15-2013, 11:33 AM
Super Moderator

I think PA nailed this a while back. Any chance you can swap the hazard switch with another one?

Old 08-16-2013, 01:23 PM
Almost A Senior Member

Forgive my ignorance, Hazard switch works without any issues. How can it cause a problem with the turn signal?

Is it easy to swap a Hazard switch?

Old 08-16-2013, 08:28 PM
Super Moderator

All of the wiring goes through the hazard switch for both the turn signal and the hazards.

If you look closely at the hazard switch, there is a notch on the bottom. Use something soft, like plastic, to pry out the switch. Unplug it, then plug in the replacement one. It is very simple.

Old 08-18-2013, 08:06 AM
Almost A Senior Member

Yes, I can see that tab.

One more question, should I buy a used switch from junkyard or an aftermarket one?

If the issue still continue, what else could be a source of problem, turn signal switch?

Thanks for all the help.

Old 08-18-2013, 08:11 AM
Super Moderator

I suggest a bone yard for the switch

Here is a somewhat accurate diagram of the circuit.......see how power to the relay thru the hazard switch when off flows from "C" to "I" but when the hazard is on it flows from "D" to "I".

Attached Thumbnails 1994 Honda Accord Turn Signals making Loud 'Buzzing' Noise-5th-gen-hazard-switch.jpg  

Quick Reply: 1994 Honda Accord Turn Signals making Loud 'Buzzing' Noise