General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1996 accord lx

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 01:59 AM
Default 1996 accord lx

Well i've had my accord for about a year now, havent done much to it but ive saved up money now and ill looking to upgrade :P thus far ive done an all disk conversion and installed new coilovers and shocks. Other than that everything else is stock, right now the car has an f22b2 auto 4 speed, but im hopping to add an h22a and ive looked into it but ive got a few questions, first I'm planning on keeping it an auto, but will the transmission on my f22b2 fit the h22a??? and in case your wondering why im keeping it automatic, its because the transmission was recently rebuild so Im keeping it auto till the transmission fails, then ill drop in a 5 speed manual. Second, what parts will i need??? thus far i know that im going to need an h22a from a 96 prelude and above, ecu, engine harness, hasports engine mounts, but what else??? And third, how much money do you think ill be looking at spending??? Hopefully the transmission will fit :P If not im sure that will be another $500 to $800 xD Im still new to Honda so if I sound dumb or crazy you know why lol

Old 02-24-2010, 01:30 PM

.......well I was hoping for some help :P anyways thanks to google i now know that the transmission will fit, but due to the fact that the gearing is a bit different I won't be able to take full advantage of the h22a witch is cool for now seeing as im still going to install a 5 speed manual later on :P I also heard that im going to have to add some wire to the transmission because its from an f22b2 non vtec so I need help on that :P I still need help on a few other steps but Ill post it later

Old 02-24-2010, 03:03 PM

dude...you have to give people a chance to respond...dont live our lives on here....people work, are out doing their own projects, taking pics, meets...a million other things.

Old 02-24-2010, 07:04 PM

You have a good point, this is the first car forums I've joined so I'm not used to the slow pace compared to other forums that I'm in :P So please forgive my incompetence for I am new here Anyways aside from that do you think you could offer me a few tips??? This is all new to me and google will only take me so far.

Old 02-25-2010, 12:56 AM
Administrator
Talking

Originally Posted by Phobia
You have a good point, this is the first car forums I've joined so I'm not used to the slow pace compared to other forums that I'm in :P So please forgive my incompetence for I am new here Anyways aside from that do you think you could offer me a few tips??? This is all new to me and google will only take me so far.
Huh....Read your post member ....Welcome to You anyways

Old 02-25-2010, 11:54 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

sell your car and buy a manual tranny prelude..

Old 02-26-2010, 11:32 AM

I would never sell my accord :P the car has more sentimental value so its worth more to me than just a prelude :P + I love the fact that its a 4 door something the prelude lacks. So is anyone going to help me out??? please

Old 02-26-2010, 11:42 AM
Supper Moderator

stock-ish h22 + f series tranny = slow and sucky

If your gonna swap a h22 why not do it right the 1st time? B/c when your slush box fails your gonna have to take the engine out AGAIN. So instead of doing this the wrong way find a h22 tranny engine combo and start there. If your hell bent on keeping the auto then find a h22 auto trany engine combo. Also for the mounts (someone might need to correct me) but as far as I know you can use your stock engine mounts and swap out your driver side mount for a prelude engine mount. So you don't have to spend a butt load of cash on "hasport" mounts. Unless you are gonna build the h22 for some serious power I'd stick to some new OEM mounts. I know this is how it worked on the cb7's. Not 100% sure if it's the same case with 94+ accords.

Old 02-26-2010, 12:39 PM

Well when you put it like that then I guess I have no choice other than to replace the transmission regardless :P I think what im going to do now is "sell the f22b2 with the transmission attached and buy a used but low millage h22a with the transmission" I wasn't 2 sure if the stock f22b2 transmission would be able to handle the extra power of the h22a anyways :P and as for the stock engine mounts go I think I saw another forum where they did a swap like this but I cant find it :P I'll keep that in mind cuz the hasports mounts are a bit expensive but they look nice tho Thanks for the help!!!

Old 02-27-2010, 05:36 PM
Supper Moderator

Look around on honda-tech.com also you can find after market mounts for ALOT cheaper then hasport mounts. My buddy hangs around honda-tech and he tells me all the time he can get mounts on the cheap like 150-200bucks for all the mounts you need to do a h swap.

Quick Reply: 1996 accord lx