General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1999 accord starting problems lots of new parts

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2012, 10:30 AM

irrefutable proof that noone and i mean noone should ever have an aftermarket security system or remote start put in their car.
try to steal an Accord, you cant.
as for my 09 Accord i leave it unlocked in the driveway. you cant steal it without a key. it shuts off after you steal it.
most stolen car on Earth: Honda Accord
aftermarket security/remote start on an Accord is a waste of money and causes electrical headaches.
aftermarket installers use scotchlocks and butt connectors on one of the most surefire wiring systems on Earth (Honda)
electrical problems always start after installing these things.
if you go to a Honda dealer and ask for such nonsense they will refuse to do it.

Last edited by kyle102565; 03-23-2012 at 10:35 AM.
Old 03-23-2012, 07:09 PM
Super Moderator

Just me and I don't know anything....I didn't think the 99 LX came with a factory installed alarm system....
http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/misc/98-011.pdf

Do you still have the old key?

How did you confirm the car "gets fuel"? Can you spray carb cleaner into the tb and get the car to start?

When you say "no cel" does it come on for ~3 seconds and go off if you put the key to on/pos II?

Why did you replace these things to begin with?

Yes, I'm a dumb hick from the south,,,,,,,but I really want to help so please don't take these questions the wrong way.

Old 03-23-2012, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by poorman212
Just me and I don't know anything....I didn't think the 99 LX came with a factory installed alarm system....
http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/misc/98-011.pdf

Do you still have the old key?

How did you confirm the car "gets fuel"? Can you spray carb cleaner into the tb and get the car to start?

When you say "no cel" does it come on for ~3 seconds and go off if you put the key to on/pos II?

Why did you replace these things to begin with?

Yes, I'm a dumb hick from the south,,,,,,,but I really want to help so please don't take these questions the wrong way.
I can smell fuel. there is no spark. The wires are all fine and have been repaired from my friend thinking he knew what he was doing. the mil comes on when I turn the key on then goes off after a few seconds same with the green key light. I had to replace the ignition because we lost the keys was told originally that I would have to buy a new ignition to get it programmed right because of the immoblizer. That was wrong. Lol.. I just want this headache to go away. I am about to just take it to picknpull and get $300 for it then go buy the wife a brand new car. I had a locksmith program the new keys for the ignition and he cut me a key for my doors. the closest dealer would have cost me $500 to tow it there. I live in the woods... lol.. I am just another one of those dumb hicks that went to wyotech lol....

Last edited by tommyt707; 03-23-2012 at 08:17 PM.
Old 03-23-2012, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by kyle102565
irrefutable proof that noone and i mean noone should ever have an aftermarket security system or remote start put in their car.
try to steal an Accord, you cant.
as for my 09 Accord i leave it unlocked in the driveway. you cant steal it without a key. it shuts off after you steal it.
most stolen car on Earth: Honda Accord
aftermarket security/remote start on an Accord is a waste of money and causes electrical headaches.
aftermarket installers use scotchlocks and butt connectors on one of the most surefire wiring systems on Earth (Honda)
electrical problems always start after installing these things.
if you go to a Honda dealer and ask for such nonsense they will refuse to do it.
Yeah this car is crazy if you wanted to steal it. I read that it is immpossible to steal these without a flatbed. glad I am not a car theif. I would have been caught trying to steal this one. lol... I am never buying another honda unless its the ridgeline.. I like the ridgeline. Be a good truck for the wife. I usually buy Cummins Diesels myself.

Old 03-24-2012, 01:00 PM

no one can help?

Old 03-24-2012, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by tommyt707
Yeah this car is crazy if you wanted to steal it. I read that it is immpossible to steal these without a flatbed. glad I am not a car theif. I would have been caught trying to steal this one. lol... I am never buying another honda unless its the ridgeline.. I like the ridgeline. Be a good truck for the wife. I usually buy Cummins Diesels myself.
the Ridgeline is this households next puchase.
who doesnt want a Cummins diesel. too bad it only comes in the Dodge P/U. a turd of a truck fer sher, rides like a rolling block of iron plus the seats are hard.
as for your problem with the Accord, you likely need a security module programmed to your chassis, not cheap by any means.
but you changed keys/ignition cylinder. sucks to live in the sticks, make an appointment with your closest Honda dealer as you tell him the truth of your situation, they'll fix it.

Old 03-24-2012, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by kyle102565
the Ridgeline is this households next puchase.
who doesnt want a Cummins diesel. too bad it only comes in the Dodge P/U. a turd of a truck fer sher, rides like a rolling block of iron plus the seats are hard.
as for your problem with the Accord, you likely need a security module programmed to your chassis, not cheap by any means.
but you changed keys/ignition cylinder. sucks to live in the sticks, make an appointment with your closest Honda dealer as you tell him the truth of your situation, they'll fix it.
I may have to tow it to the dealer. I was talking to a buddy and he might just buy it from me and take it there himself. I am pretty much done with that car and just want it out of my sight. lol My cummins is in an 83 chevy k30 with a 12' lift 4link rear end. Everything custom including interior and dash. The motor came out of an 89 dodge d350 with 110,000 miles. I just got a new trans and tcase so I can make it 4x4 like it is supposed to be lol... I love projects. Still needs a better paint job but thats when I get a paint booth. I my self am a street rodder. I love chopping up cars and sectioning them. Sheet metal is my friend.. lol... I am about to put a 4bt cummins in my s10 blazer then making it a straight axle. Maybe I will make this honda a chop top project and section it as well. MI was also thinking of giving it to my church for the youth group to demo it with sledge hammers. I can get a tax write off then. Still not sure what I am going to do with it. I dont need the money. I would like to see that thing beat to hell lol... Thats the redneck in me talking lol

Last edited by tommyt707; 03-24-2012 at 02:04 PM.
Old 03-24-2012, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by tommyt707
I may have to tow it to the dealer. I was talking to a buddy and he might just buy it from me and take it there himself. I am pretty much done with that car and just want it out of my sight. lol My cummins is in an 83 chevy k30 with a 12' lift 4link rear end. Everything custom including interior and dash. The motor came out of an 89 dodge d350 with 110,000 miles. I just got a new trans and tcase so I can make it 4x4 like it is supposed to be lol... I love projects. Still needs a better paint job but thats when I get a paint booth. I my self am a street rodder. I love chopping up cars and sectioning them. Sheet metal is my friend.. lol... Maybe I will make this honda a chop top project and section it as well. MI was also thinking of giving it to my church for the youth group to demo it with sledge hammers. I can get a tax write off then. Still not sure what I am going to do with it. I dont need the money. I would like to see that thing beat to hell lol... Thats the redneck in me talking lol
thats a whole lotta truck there! thanks for dropping it in a Chevy
i built torque converters for 13 years and i loved building high performance converters for the Cummins diesel, gobbs of power with the proper add-ons. i had one customer pass me doing 140 on my way home from work, saw him a mile behind me running like a freighttrain, he waved.
good idea to cut your losses at this point and get the Ridgeline for the wife.
as i type this my girlfriend is out with the 09 EX tearing it up.
life is good

Old 03-24-2012, 03:12 PM
Super Moderator

Did you have any of these problems before the immobilizer was replaced?