General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2000 Accord EX Needs Help in Gainesville, Florida

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2010, 10:43 PM
Newest Of Newbies
Default 2000 Accord EX Needs Help in Gainesville, Florida

My daughter attends the University of Florida in Gainesville and drives a 2000 Accord EX 2.3L with AT. I unfortunately cannot go down from SC to Gainesville to do a quick troubleshoot of her car but the transmission appears to be acting up and she is not very knowledgeable in troubleshooting it. I believe the problem lies in the connector at the transmission that controls the shifting, which is loose. We had just replaced the transmission a month ago and it was running and shifting fine. However the mechanic that installed the transmission, did find the clip on the connector that goes to the transmission, located at the end of the wires that go from the shifter in the car to the transmission itself, was broken so he zip tied it together to keep the parts from separating. I believe the problem is there and that the connector is making intermittent contact. Is there anyone in Gainesville that would be a good Samaritan and lend a hand to a poor college student to verify that this is indeed the problem. All of her friends are completely without any mechanical aptitude. She is willing to make you an apple pie for your efforts. Please let me know either via a PM or email me at arroyoea@earthlink.net. Thanks!

Old 03-01-2010, 11:19 PM
Administrator
Default Hi Navy AG

Welcome to the forums, we have quite a few members down in FLA..go to the regions and post this down there also..
Look up members from down there and them give them a PM with the same story..you might get an answer..

You in the NAVY ?
if So,click the image I put in for you! AirBorn

Attached Thumbnails 2000 Accord EX Needs Help in Gainesville, Florida-navyflag.jpg  
Old 03-02-2010, 06:21 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Thanks for the tips WheelBrokerAng. I have posted in the South Region as well as sent a PM to a forum member who is a UF Grad I believe, somewhere in Florida. Hopefully I will get a response. I will keep looking for assistance for my daughter hopefully from a forum member there.

Yes I was in the Navy but retired two years ago. Thanks for the flag. I never thought I would say this but I do miss my Navy career and all the good that we were able to do. Go Navy!!