General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

2000 Accord HVAC Issue

Old 04-05-2014, 10:09 AM
Default 2000 Accord HVAC Issue

wondering if u cld help me with an issue..i have a 2000 honda accord..the problem im having is my heat blows fine.. but my climate control panel, which i recently purchased, comes on and goes back off. and im not able to use the buttons on the panel. sometimes out of the blue my heat will stop blowin hot and it will be cool. but not cold.... its startin to get hot so i need to use the air some days and not the heat(crazy weather) .. what started this problem was someone rigged my fan up to one of my relay fuses. (didnt know) and it blew the fuse.. so im thinking that caused other problems. coould this have caused a electrical issue or something else??

Old 04-05-2014, 10:12 AM
Default 2000 Accord HVAC Issue

Originally Posted by TexasHonda
If you're willing to pull the heater control panel and check the blower switch, you may find the switch is faulty. This will disable blower and AC. A shop manual is necessary to pull heater control panel w/o breaking plastic parts.

AC gauge manifold set req'd to check AC charge, or crude test is to remove schrader valve cap and depress pin to see if there's any charge left. If not, you'll need to have the system leak tested to locate leaks. Has the system been retrofitted to R134a?

good luck
wondering if u cld help me with an issue..i have a 2000 honda accord..the problem im having is my heat blows fine.. but my climate control panel, which i recently purchased, comes on and goes back off. and im not able to use the buttons on the panel. sometimes out of the blue my heat will stop blowin hot and it will be cool. but not cold.... its startin to get hot so i need to use the air some days and not the heat(crazy weather) .. what started this problem was someone rigged my fan up to one of my relay fuses. (didnt know) and it blew the fuse.. so im thinking that caused other problems. coould this have caused a electrical issue or something else??

Old 04-05-2014, 12:55 PM
Super Moderator

I've moved your posts into a new thread. You were at the end of two different ones and thought it best to put them into a new thread.

Does your 2000 have the auto or manual HVAC? Meaning do you have a **** that you turn from hot to cold or is there a temp setting (digital) that you set.