General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2002 Accord help.

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2010, 04:22 PM
Exclamation 2002 Accord help.

Alright so I recently purchased a slightly used 2002 Honda Accord. Im thinking about putting some new parts on it and I was wondering where I should start. Im not really an over-enthusiastic car person so I am new to installing parts and how I should do stuff. One thing I might do is put headers, new exhaust pipes/exhaust tips on it. What are the components I need to do all this? Headers, exhaust pipes/tips... anything else I am missing? I have tools yes, but to do all that I need to know if there is more to it than I am assuming. Yes I am going to do it myself. So that and I was going to replace the speakers, and put some subs in the trunk. I already have all that taken care of, but I need to know is it worth it? Should i put off the speakers and subs, the car runs great and there seems to be nothing wrong with it. Tell me what you think. Thanks.

Old 06-23-2010, 04:49 PM
Super Moderator

What do you want to get out of installing a new exhaust system?

Old 06-23-2010, 05:08 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

I wouldn’t recommend doing headers as if you don’t have much experience working on cars nor would I recommend doing any changes that involve altering the vehicle permanently, which I am guessing the stereo upgrade would entail. If you want to personalize your vehicle upgraded wheels would make a nice change.

Old 06-23-2010, 05:37 PM

"2002 Honda Accord 4 door, 2.3L, 4 cylinder, all parts are stock."

My advise, it to keep it stock, and use only oem parts/accessories/fluids.

Old 06-23-2010, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by PAhonda
What do you want to get out of installing a new exhaust system?
I would like to (if possible) get a loud yet deep sound out of the exhaust. The way its at now is just too quiet.

Old 06-23-2010, 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by kris_loehr
I wouldn’t recommend doing headers as if you don’t have much experience working on cars nor would I recommend doing any changes that involve altering the vehicle permanently, which I am guessing the stereo upgrade would entail. If you want to personalize your vehicle upgraded wheels would make a nice change.
I have installed headers before, and cherry bombs. The stereo upgrade could easily be done at my buddie's house, we were planning to put in the same sound systems in our vehicles. Rims and wheels were another thing I was looking into too, it needs some new ones. Tail and head lights too. Not until I get a bit more cash, the way people make it sound is im going to be spending a fortune on this. Its worth it though

Old 06-23-2010, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by EXV6NIGHTHAWK
"2002 Honda Accord 4 door, 2.3L, 4 cylinder, all parts are stock."

My advise, it to keep it stock, and use only oem parts/accessories/fluids.
Why is that? Accessories and stuff are good but I would like a new exhaust system, make it sound more lively. Have you had a bad experience installing parts?

Old 06-23-2010, 06:14 PM
Super Moderator

Its not terribly hard to replace the exhaust. It will be easier if you get an exhaust that will use the same hangers as the original exhaust in your car.

It also depends on what you want to spend to do this. Exhaust systems can get expensive. Also make sure that your car will pass state emissions testing if you have to do that where you live.

Do your research before you proceed.

Old 06-23-2010, 06:40 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Being that you have done headers in the pass your Accord should pose no problem. I was going by what you posted” I am new to installing parts”

I don’t like stereo installs as too many people go with the crimp on connectors, and splice and tape. I have yet to see anyone solder the wires and use shrink wrap even on the show Unique Whips.

Old 06-23-2010, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by PAhonda
Its not terribly hard to replace the exhaust. It will be easier if you get an exhaust that will use the same hangers as the original exhaust in your car.

It also depends on what you want to spend to do this. Exhaust systems can get expensive. Also make sure that your car will pass state emissions testing if you have to do that where you live.

Do your research before you proceed.
Alright thanks for the help, really appreciate it! My current budget is around 500-600$ is that enough? I have been searching online and have found headers for 150-200$.

Quick Reply: 2002 Accord help.