General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2002 Accord help.

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2010, 06:58 PM

Every stereo of my own ive ever installed has been done this way, as all wiring should be...
Most people do not do this because they assume it takes too long, however with the time you spend doing it the cheap/"easy" way, you will save yourself so much more in the long run by actually soldering the wires, and using heat shrink wrap from any auto parts/electronics store...
I was turned onto it by an old family friend of ours when he was helping me install my first stereo...

Old 06-23-2010, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by kris_loehr
Being that you have done headers in the pass your Accord should pose no problem. I was going by what you posted” I am new to installing parts”

I don’t like stereo installs as too many people go with the crimp on connectors, and splice and tape. I have yet to see anyone solder the wires and use shrink wrap even on the show Unique Whips.
Yeah... sorry I left out that bit of detailing. Ill see what I can do with the soldering and shrink wrap, might try a shot at that. Im good with electrical work so I dont think it will be a problem, was able to find a nice 12'' dual sealed bass box for 40$, 12'' 1200 watt DVC subwoofers 80$, a 2 channel 1400 watt bridgeable mosfet amplifier for 64$, and finally a BOSS CAP2S car audio capacitor for 32$. Total of: 216$. Provided I have a enough cash left over, I will be able to get a nice exhaust system. Now my final question (if you can answer it) I am a bit confused on what kind of wiring I should use, my buddy told me to use 6 gauge, and do I really need that audio capacitor or not? Any help on this is appreciated, I know this is the wrong forums but you guys are here now so might as well make use of it. Thanks alot!

Old 06-23-2010, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by corvetteking
Every stereo of my own ive ever installed has been done this way, as all wiring should be...
Most people do not do this because they assume it takes too long, however with the time you spend doing it the cheap/"easy" way, you will save yourself so much more in the long run by actually soldering the wires, and using heat shrink wrap from any auto parts/electronics store...
I was turned onto it by an old family friend of ours when he was helping me install my first stereo...
Sounds good, thanks for the input! Read the post below yours, is that the right equipment? What kind of wiring should I use for the amp?

Old 06-23-2010, 08:09 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

To give advice we are left with what you post and never want to get a person in over their head. Exhaust systems tend to have the added adventure of possible broken off bolts especially at the cylinder head

Old 06-23-2010, 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by kris_loehr
To give advice we are left with what you post and never want to get a person in over their head. Exhaust systems tend to have the added adventure of possible broken off bolts especially at the cylinder head
Yeahh that maybe a huge problem, if it occurs. Thanks for the help though!