General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2002 Accord making odd wheel noise.

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2007, 09:56 PM
j7wb
Unregistered
Default 2002 Accord making odd wheel noise.

Hi, guys!
I have a 2002 Accord (V6) which keeps making an odd "squeaking" or "scraping" noise. It kind of sounds like small chains being shaken, if that makes any sense. At first, I thought it was my keys jingling, but it is not. I also thought it was my brakes, but I does not happen when I apply the brakes. It seems to be coming from the left front wheel. It happens mostly when I go over rough road, but I can make it happen if I just go over anything that shakes the cars front wheels vigorously continuously. I also notice it seems to happen more when I turn right, and there is somewhat rough road. I do not have to turn to make it happen.
I tested the sound by driving the left side over the small, yellow bumbs that are used to divide a road, and I heard the sound every time. It does not happen when I go over speed bumps though.

Any ideas where this sound may be coming from?

Thanks in advance!

Old 09-12-2007, 02:18 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: 2002 Accord making odd wheel noise.

have you raised the car up and checked the frt suspension parts?? lower control arm frt bushings ?? When it comes to noises , there is not too much that we can do from here, everyone interpets noises differently .

I would raise car up, and chk the suspension on the side that the noise is at ..