General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2003 Honda Accord Radio issues

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2013, 07:10 PM
Exclamation 2003 Honda Accord Radio issues

My girlfriend's Honda has been experiencing some issues with its radio; I've read several threads on here that are semi-relative to our issue however it is slightly different from most issues I've managed to find while sifting through the forums - Here is my issue;

Our radio, either on first start or while driving cuts out completely - Not in the sense where it won't play music, lack of volume control, powers off/on etc; But instead it loses power completely, no display or anything else to speak of. We cannot remove/insert CDs, and no matter how hard we try it will not power back on HOWEVER - Today, while driving I reached underneath the radio housing and applied slight pressure upward (My thought is that it may have a loose cable, or not fully attached to the housing? Excuse my car ignorance please lol ) and voila, the power returned and the radio worked once again. The only issue is that it was only for a small period of time.

Before I get the car inspected or spend money, I figured asking around to see if someone might be able to answer my question would be my best option.
Any help would be GREATLY appreciated, however I ask that if you're trying to get specifics on the car itself, or any other things to check, that it's dumbed down, my car knowledge is limited.