General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2004 Accord Electrical prob: flashers, alarm and rain

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2007, 12:57 AM
mlhand
Unregistered
Default 2004 Accord Electrical prob: flashers, alarm and rain

Here's my electrical problem story: After the car is exposed to a downpour of rain the electrical problems abound. My flashers will come on by themselves. They won't flash at the same time usually, sometimes it's the left but mostly the right. When parked the car alarm goes off and on intermittently. I can't unlock the car usingmy remote but it will roll down the windows if pressed long enough.My remote won't pop the trunk either, I actually have to insert the key into the trunk(gasp!).But all works fine after the car has dried out. And lastly, this has only happened once, the hand brake light is illuminated when the car is turned off. Any ideas?

The car has 33,500 miles and was at the dealership for 3 days and they replaced a sensor in the hood. After that the alarm stopped going off they considered the car fixed even though this was just coincidence. Well, I'm having the same problems again. I can't leave my car there for multiple days and have asked for a replacement car. I have been told that Honda will honor the warranty and fix the car for free but they do not offer replacement cars. So what's next? They can't seem to find and fix the problem and I can't have my car sitting there for days and not have transportation! Any recourse?