General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2004 Accord EX V6 A/C Failure

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2010, 10:41 AM
Default 2004 Accord EX V6 A/C Failure

A/C worked perfectly when I parked it in garage on Friday.
Did not work at all on Saturday. All of the A/C control lights went on, but no sign of air blowing thru vents, and no cooling. Checked all fuses that I could find under hood and in driver side passenger compartment, and none of them appear to be blown.
My first thought is a defective blower motor. I'm not handy enough to tackle this, so I'd take it to my mechanic. Is there fuse controlling the blower motor? Nothing in the fuse boxes jumps out as the likely culprit. Could there be a relay that controls the blower motor?
Any and all suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Old 07-04-2010, 11:31 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

sounds like the resistor went bad ......

Please write in smaller fonts,, takes less space ...:-) thanks,,

Old 07-07-2010, 10:36 AM

Thank you. Excellent diagnosis! That's exactly what the problem was.

Old 12-18-2013, 12:40 PM

My car air conditioner suddenly stopped cooling and from what I observed the compressor isn't rotating but I don't want to jump into conclusions that the compressor needs to be replaced cos its just less than 2 months old. More so before this occurrence, whenever I'm stuck in a traffic jam the vent exhaled hot air. I am very bothered because I just happened to fix the air conditioning system last week Wednesday as the mechanic diagnosed a blockage somewhere. Pls what do you think is the cause and diagnosis? Thanks

Old 12-20-2013, 06:42 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Sammi Olee Ibeka
My car air conditioner suddenly stopped cooling and from what I observed the compressor isn't rotating but I don't want to jump into conclusions that the compressor needs to be replaced cos its just less than 2 months old. More so before this occurrence, whenever I'm stuck in a traffic jam the vent exhaled hot air. I am very bothered because I just happened to fix the air conditioning system last week Wednesday as the mechanic diagnosed a blockage somewhere. Pls what do you think is the cause and diagnosis? Thanks
I'd start with checking the high and low side pressure readings. It could be possible that something with the recent replacement went wrong and the "gas" has leaked out.