General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2004 Honda Accord EX Navigation Issues

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2012, 02:29 PM
Default 2004 Honda Accord EX Navigation Issues

Hello All. I have a 2004 Honda Accord EX. I am having an issue with my Navigation System. I have a message on the Navigation Screen that is green and says "Please Check your Disc."

I recently purchased a new 2012 Orange Navigation Disc thinking this was the problem but when I installed it, the message is still there.

https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/for...ed-help-24592/

I called my local Honda dealer and, of course, they want to charge $75.00 to just take a look at it. Does this message mean by Navigation system is going bad? Is there a way to maybe reset or reboot the system to see if that may fix the problem?

I tried disconnecting the car battery and then re-connecting it but I still had the same problem.

Thanks in advance for any help!!

Old 05-14-2012, 03:46 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum. Generally, these types of questions will receive more answers in the General Tech Help section.

The navigation dvd player has been known to sometimes be faulty. As long your disc is not scratched, it is usually due to the dvd player, etc. The unit is very expensive. Although you can get a used unit via ebay, etc., if the unit is bad, it is recommended to contact Alpine (which makes the unit) and send it to them. Most people have said Alpine charges like $158 for the repair, much cheaper and better than most other alternatives.

Old 05-14-2012, 05:35 PM

I appreciate your help redbull-1! I contacted Alpine Electronics and they confirmed what you told me.

However, for future information, an Alpine representative there told me the price to fix my navigation unit is now $358.00 due to the first price increase in 13 years.

The price increase was effective today 05-14-12.

Thanks again for the help.

Old 05-14-2012, 05:36 PM
Administrator
Talking

Thanks RedBull-1 again..

Old 05-14-2012, 06:02 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by wduke28
I appreciate your help redbull-1! I contacted Alpine Electronics and they confirmed what you told me.

However, for future information, an Alpine representative there told me the price to fix my navigation unit is now $358.00 due to the first price increase in 13 years.

Hmmm... If that was not a goodwill gesture on their part, I think you may want to buy a lottery ticket today.

Edit: I mean that they extended the old price of $158 to you and everyone else will be $358?

Last edited by redbull-1; 05-14-2012 at 06:05 PM.
Old 07-30-2012, 12:56 PM

Aw damn,
That will teach me to wait 11 months to ship mine in for repairs...

So is there an alternative? I really don't feel like paying Alpine more than a brand new top line GPS with lifetime updates...

Last edited by Darkblaze; 07-30-2012 at 01:21 PM.
Old 10-22-2012, 12:06 PM
Default Will a DVD lens cleaner work on the Unit?

I have had the same problems with my nav system, I was just wondering if a DVD lens cleaner will do the trick or if I need to have a professional do it?

Old 10-29-2015, 08:27 PM
Default 2004 Honda Accord

Hello everyone,

I need so help with my car. I purchased a 2004 Honda Accord Ex about a week ago. I can't seem to get my screen on, it just flashes with white lines going across. Kind of like an old school tv without an antenna. The radio works fine, but I'm unable to program any of my favorite radio stations. When I start the car, it sounds as if a CD is trying to load. When I switch to CD mode, the word "Error" appears up where the clock is located. I've had a radio install place take a look at it, and they tell me all of the wires are connected correctly. I'm trying to avoid the cost of going to a Honda dealer if I possibly can. Can anyone help and/or give me advice on what to do? The flashing screen is driving me bonkers.

Old 01-17-2016, 12:23 AM
Default is there a fix

I need help all it says I'd please check disc.

Old 04-05-2019, 10:39 PM

What I did to mine was removing the disk, removing the dvd drive removing the cover to the drive cleaning the laser reader for the drive. And assembling it back together. I was reluctant to find out that it fixed my issue.

Hello All. I have a 2004 Honda Accord EX. I am having an issue with my Navigation System. I have a message on the Navigation Screen that is green and says "Please Check your Disc."

I recently purchased a new 2012 Orange Navigation Disc thinking this was the problem but when I installed it, the message is still there.

https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/for...ed-help-24592/

I called my local Honda dealer and, of course, they want to charge $75.00 to just take a look at it. Does this message mean by Navigation system is going bad? Is there a way to maybe reset or reboot the system to see if that may fix the problem?

I tried disconnecting the car battery and then re-connecting it but I still had the same problem.

Thanks in advance for any help!!

Quick Reply: 2004 Honda Accord EX Navigation Issues