General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2005 accord... several problems :o(

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2006, 06:42 PM
Default 2005 accord... several problems :o(

Hi

I own a 2005 accord since new. It presently has 26000 km's. I have several problems with this now and am curious as to whether its just me, or others have the same.

1) Lights DIM for a split second everytime the AC comes on. With this being summer... its every minuite or so. Very, very frustrating and annoying.

2) When coming to a good stop from highway speeds... she vibrates and shakes. Feels like a bad router or router to me. Is it common for these to warp at such low milage?

3) Both drivers and passenger front door windows (powered) rattle when fully closed. This just started to happen about a month ago. First one window, now both. I cant seem to find where its rattling from, allthough it seems to have a nice tight fit when closed. This is very annoying as both windows now have a constant chatter when driving.

4) petty this is.... but glovebox doesnt have a tight fit and the internal light, which by the way is allways on, shines through the seam. I will probably just install a sticky type velcro around the edge to make it a tight fit when closed.

Just curious to see if anyone else has these problems, if they are common, or am i being to picky??? The lights dimming when ac turns on is the majour factor here as it litteraly pisses me off. Dealer said this model is inherent to this problem so all accords (2005) will do this... but talking with a couple of local guys who own the same car... they dont have this problem. Had it in once and they said they installed a new relay switch, but its still doing it.

Any help would be apprechiated.

Thanks..
Bruce
Nova Scotia, Canada

Old 07-23-2006, 08:14 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: 2005 accord... several problems :o(

you are totally under warranty,, call the local Honda dealer and set up an appointment and have them take care of all those issues.

about the shaking, it is warped rotors.. they had to replace them on my 2003 accord

as for the lites dimming, they say it is normal, have them show you that the same thing happens to another 2005 car that they have on the lot .... if it does the same than ok,, if not have them fix it

there should be no rattle coming from the doors or windows,, it should be fixed accordingly

glove box is misadjusted lite should be off till you open the glove box ,,,,,glove box needs to be adjusted properly

all of these issues should be free of charge , like i said car is still totally undewr warranty

Old 11-19-2006, 11:56 PM

Update...

Rotars were warped. They ground them down. Its starting to shake again. Will force them to replace this time.

Glove box was adjusted.

Door windows were adjusted and lubed. Works great.

My headlights still dim when defrost or air is turned on. Tested two other 2005 accords and they all do this. Im wondering if installing a capistor ( like for high power stereos ) will fix this? Allthough Honda sais if they or anyone else does it it will void the warranty and/or replacing the battery with a higher cranking power one will do?

The lights dimming are VERY VERY annoying at its around the 40% dimming for a split second EVERY 40 seconds. Its at a point now where everytime im driving at night i count to 40 EVERY 40 seconds just to prove my self right. My wife tells me to grow up and accept it.. but i cant as paying $25000 CND for a new car.. the DAMB LIGHTS SHOULD NOT DIM.

Old 11-20-2006, 10:47 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

It is normal for the interior lights to maybe blink for a split second but your headlights should not do so when your A/C engages. That A/C compressor draws a huge amt of current and that is why your interior lights

Old 11-25-2006, 01:35 AM
depezhe
Unregistered

I do have a 2005 accord and I do not have this problem and I'm running a 3200watts stereo system with only a red top optima battery. but I do have those rotors problems and more once I put 18" rims on my car.