General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2005 Honda Accord auto door lock

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2012, 01:57 PM
Newest Of Newbies
Default 2005 Honda Accord auto door lock

I bought an 05 honda accord and it had an aftermarket alarm installed in it but currently has nothing i can see installed. Whenever the keys are in the ignition and on and you shut the driver door the doors will immediatly lock-unlock-and lock again. It is really annoying and wearing out the actuators. It has locked me out a stupid amount of times. I dont see any relays or wire mods or anything anywhere just taps that have nothing connected to it. I read that the cars can not be programmed for auto lock and i am stumped to whats going on here. ANy ideas? Thanks.

Old 01-30-2013, 11:21 PM
Newest Of Newbies

bump...

Old 01-30-2013, 11:23 PM
Super Moderator

Did you completely remove the aftermarket alarm?

Did this problem start happening when the alarm stopped working or when it was removed?

Old 01-31-2013, 09:41 AM
Newest Of Newbies

I bought the car without any aftermarket alarms or anything but when I look at the wires you could see there used to be 1the door locks have been doing this since we bought the car and it's always been the same.it's only the driver side door when the car is started or in the on position and you close it it locks unlocks and locks again. I have pulled the door panel off and saw no relays and I have looked extensively under the dash and also have found no relays or anything that looks like it was added.it seems like it's programmed into a computer or something is there anyway to check or change the programming on the car?

Old 02-01-2013, 07:05 PM
Super Moderator

Sounds like the "stops" inside the door lock actuator have gone bad? There are some rubber stops inside, if they wear out then the lock will "rock" too far and then back.

Since the drivers door get the most usage.....I'd start there.

Old 02-02-2013, 08:35 PM
Newest Of Newbies

but why would it only be doing it when the driver door shuts and no other doors. I cant paint a picture of what your talking about, does this mean i should replace the driver door lock actuator even though it is physically working?

Old 02-02-2013, 08:52 PM
Super Moderator

This is from a July 2005 Honda Service News

Power Doors Lock By Themselves or Cycle Twice

NOTE: This article applies to ’03–05 Accords, ’05 Odysseys, and ’06 Ridgelines.

An open (ungrounded) driver’s door lock **** unlock switch can cause the multiplex-controlled power door locks to lock by themselves or to cycle twice to unlock and then lock.

What’s going on is the multiplex control unit "thinks" the driver’s door is locked. To try and restore the unlock signal, the system unlocks the door twice. The system then goes back to its default position by locking the doors.

This is the troubleshooting procedures done at the dealership.

1. Connect the HDS to the 16P data link connector (DLC). Turn the ignition switch to ON (II). Turn on the HDS.
2. At the screen prompts, enter the VIN and the odometer reading.
3. From the Select Mode screen, select Honda Systems. From the System Selection Menu, select Body Electrical.
4. Select Door Locks, and then select Data List.
5. Scroll down to the driver’s door lock (unlock) data, and read the screen. The list says ON when the door lock **** is unlocked; OFF when it’s locked. If the driver’s door lock input is incorrect, go to step 6.
6. Check for an open circuit in the WHT/BLK wire between the door multiplex control unit and the driver’s power door lock switch. If the wires and connections are OK, go to step 7.
7. Check the lock **** switch ground. If it’s OK, then replace the driver’s door lock actuator.

Old 03-19-2013, 06:11 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Replaced actuator fixed it. Thanks guys!

Old 03-20-2013, 07:18 PM
Super Moderator

Thank you for coming back with the answer....too many times we, and anyone that searches for sim issues, never know what the "end of the story was/is".