General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2006 accord problems

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2011, 06:34 PM
Default 2006 accord problems

Hello all, my accord is a 4 cylinder. I went on a trip and the check engine light came on after around 200 miles. I also noticed the abs light was on and when I would come to a stop, my dash and radio lights would go off, my tach went to zero then it would all come back on. I went to auto zone and they checked it and said it was the ECM. I took it to the honda dealer and they checked it. I also told them I had just replaced the batery that morning. They came back and said they fixed it, reset the module ( I guess) and there was no charge. I drove home with no problems. Its been 1 week since the trip and it is doing it again!! Any ideas?? Thanks in advance. John

Old 10-28-2011, 07:09 PM
Super Moderator

Go get the trouble code read and post the code on this forum, not just what they tell you what they think it is.

If this coincided with a battery replacement, what I would do is remove the battery, check that the battery tray is solidly seated, and then reinstall the battery and adjust the battery hold-down till it is firm, do not overtightened it. Then give the battery a firm nudge to see if it moves. After that reconnect the battery cables.

Years ago, I had replaced the battery on my dad's car. A couple of weeks later, there was a check engine light. At the time, I didn't have an OBD-II code reader/scanner, so we brought it to a local mechanic. The mechanic checked the car over and said it was okay. He mentioned that he saw the battery looked new and asked if I just change it recently. I said yes, he said it probably was not mounted securely enough which may have caused it.