General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

2006 ex v6 draw on the battery

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2010, 07:17 PM
Default 2006 ex v6 draw on the battery

i am tying to get info to help me with my problem. quick run down of whats going on then i have a couple questions. thanks.

i have a 2006 v6 ex stock with the only add ons is the alarm and karr track . (previously mobile guardian) which was bought with the car when i got it new. for the last year i been going back and forth with the alarm company and dealer because of a battery drain. if i let the car sit for more then 3 days the battery is completely dead. i have to put it on a charger before it starts. its so dead i have to put the radio code back in. the 1st time they replaced the battery. since then they say its the tracking system. they replaced the old unit to the new karr track system still having the same problems. i have had the alarm company out 2 times checking the car over the last time with their lead guy trying to find the problem. both say its the other persons problem but at least the alarm system company is working with me.

What is a normal amount of time a car (honda accord) should be able to sit and start again?

what is the normal draw for a ex v6 accord? (i have searched google and havent been able to figure it out)

any other helpful info i should have or you need?

Old 02-02-2010, 07:41 PM
Super Moderator

It certainly should not be three days.

You may be able to isolate circuit drawing current by measuring the amps from the negative battery terminal to the - ground point on the radiator support. Start pulling fuses until the amps on your volt meter drop significantly, then you will know what circuit is causing your problem.

Old 02-02-2010, 08:45 PM

once i get it back ill have to do that. after i buy a volt meter. their answer to the problem is i need to drive it more. i only have this problem when i have gone out of town or been sick since i drive it most days.

Old 02-03-2010, 06:47 AM
Super Moderator

I've parked 2 weeks and started right up.

Have you ruled out easy stuff like the trunk light staying on? (look through the rear-seat passthrough)

Many multi-meters cannot measure high-enough current for when anything is active, so you'll have to be careful when doing that measurement.