General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2006 Heated Seat Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2014, 08:08 PM
Default 2006 Heated Seat Replacement

Hello everyone,

My first question to this forum was answered, and was a great experience, I have another question that's not as pressing as my first one, although it is important..

I have heated seats, and they're wonderful! However, the lower seat heater (the one that warms your backside) on the driver's side stopped working. The passenger side seat heaters still work great, though. My question is, is this common, and if it is, what is broken/needs replacing or adjusting?

I have a 2006 Honda Accord Coupe EXL. I just uploaded a picture of it. I love this car. Thanks again for all your help so far, Honda Accord Forum!

Old 11-08-2014, 08:34 AM

Start by unplugging the connector under the seat and with a test light nor multimeter see if there is power to the heater. Note you will have to activate the heater when testing this. If there is power then the heating element will likely need to be replaced. If there is no power disconnect the heater switch assembly and see if there is power to the switch with the car running. If there is then the switch is likely the problem, if there is not you now know there is a problem with the feed to the switch like a fuse, ground, break etc. it is not unheard of for the heater element to fail. One of the most common causes is fluid getting into the seat either by someone cleaning or a window was left open during a rain event. Good luck.